tractor guide of different options for tractors?

/ tractor guide of different options for tractors? #1  

boggen

Elite Member
Tractor
SSTT (Sideways Snake Tain Tractor) and STB (sideways train box) tractor, dirt harvester
not been a member very long, and i don't see much of stickies either. and looking through "reviews" and "articles" i do not see much for comparison of things.

i see many posts in many different threads stating same thing but in different words for....
--differences in transmission types.
--hyd hook ups and amount needed.
--tire types
--quick attachments
--type of attachments
--different types of controls and what certain functions do.
--weight of a tractor and/or ballast

the different manufacturers, have different "build a tractor" doings, but do not always give details about differences between this and that as you select options.

is there a picture gallery some place showing different attachments (rear blades, snow blowers, tillers, fail mowers, rotary cutters, finish mowers, box blades, etc... with a link describing usage and/or video? or how to size them?

not looking for exacts per specific model or manufacture but just a general information type of thing.

/ tractor guide of different options for tractors? #2  
not been a member very long, and i don't see much of stickies either. and looking through "reviews" and "articles" i do not see much for comparison of things.

i see many posts in many different threads stating same thing but in different words for....
--differences in transmission types.
--hyd hook ups and amount needed.
--tire types
--quick attachments
--type of attachments
--different types of controls and what certain functions do.
--weight of a tractor and/or ballast

the different manufacturers, have different "build a tractor" doings, but do not always give details about differences between this and that as you select options.

is there a picture gallery some place showing different attachments (rear blades, snow blowers, tillers, fail mowers, rotary cutters, finish mowers, box blades, etc... with a link describing usage and/or video? or how to size them?

not looking for exacts per specific model or manufacture but just a general information type of thing.

That's a pretty broad request!!
There are so many different types of tractors (very small to very very large agricultural machines), it would take a book to list all the options available.

It might help if you provide a few details of what you think you need in a tractor. Details such as: acreage, intended tasks (mowing mostly?). Think about it before you respond with generic answers. When that information is supplied, I'm sure you'll get more focused, pertinent responses.

For the "is there a picture gallery some place showing different attachments (rear blades, snow blowers, tillers, fail mowers, rotary cutters, finish mowers, box blades, etc... with a link describing usage and/or video? or how to size them?" I suggest you click on the link in the "Everything Attachments" thread in the Attachments forum. There is a lot of information there with videos. Enjoyable watching and educational.

/ tractor guide of different options for tractors? #3  
Try Everything Attachments | Skid Steer Attachments, Tractor Attachments, 3 Point Hitch Attachments, and Farm Tractor Implements.

/ tractor guide of different options for tractors?
(Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure) has plenty of good videos, and large list of attachments. but not so much for text to go along with things. video's only go so far. not everyone has high speed internet. and i would think a good market share of folks that have the land were they need at min a sub compact utility tractor (SCUT) or compact utility tractor (CUT) or utility tractor. most likely have dial up for internet. leaving the videos up to no good :(

i would imagine there is getting to a point were there are more SCUT and CUT being sold vs larger size utilty tractors and then the larger size field tractors and combines. if not already.

i understand attachments are being sized at times by 3pt hitch class. but there is some differences at times in widths and weights of different attachments within the 3pt hitch classes.

========================
as i said looking for general overview guide things.

/ tractor guide of different options for tractors? #5  
Try a couple of the attachment websites: Land Pride, Woods, Befco, etc.
Some have charts with good info on dimensions of their various equipment. Some sites even have downloadable or viewable operator manuals.
These sites aren't going to teach you how to use the implements though (I think those vids on Everything Attachments are a good start). For that...well, it's a fair amount of on-the-job training.

You can learn this information, but it'll take a bit of work on your part.

TANSTAAFL...