Delivered: 2010 Mahindra 5035

/ Delivered: 2010 Mahindra 5035 #1  

NewGuyInNewEngland

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5035
Hello All,

Decided to post here rather than the Mahindra forum so all can share in the joy of receiving my very first tractor.

The tractor is a beast and very user friendly. Spent 4 hours yesterday scrapping loam, dragging out rocks and leveling an area that will be an expanded part of the driveway.. What fun! Why did I wait so long to buy a tractor??!! Wife saw the pile of loam, thinking I had it delivered, and asked how much was that? She couldn't believe I got $500 worth of loam off of the driveway to be.....

Here are the delivery pics.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb394/vetterc5/Mahindra/delivered.jpg

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb394/vetterc5/Mahindra/delivered1.jpg

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb394/vetterc5/Mahindra/delivered2.jpg

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb394/vetterc5/Mahindra/delivered3.jpg

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb394/vetterc5/Mahindra/delivered4.jpg

Many thanks to all of those fellow Mahindra owners who gave me great advice when trying to decide on the 4035 or 5035. I definitely made the right choice.

BTW: If you live in Southern New England, I can heartily recommend Dubay's Tractor in Danielson, CT. Great price, (cash helps though) answered all of my questions patiently, and showed up right on time for delivery.

Enjoy the Spring!

Gus

/ Delivered: 2010 Mahindra 5035 #2  
Sweeeet... keep us up on what your projects are as you go along, and how well your beast handles them. Congrats.

/ Delivered: 2010 Mahindra 5035 #3  
nice looking rigg you have there enjoy it.

/ Delivered: 2010 Mahindra 5035 #4  
Congrats.
The more you use her the more convinced you will become knowing you made the right decision.
Great looking machine, thanks for the pics.:thumbsup:

/ Delivered: 2010 Mahindra 5035 #5  
I almost bought one of those. Lot of great features on that machine, hope you enjoy it. It should be **** for stout.

/ Delivered: 2010 Mahindra 5035
Thanks all for the words of encouragement. :thumbsup:

I really over did it though. Working the clutch/brake and picking up and throwing rocks too small to use the FEL for 5 hours kicked my butt! Woke up Saturday with all leg and arm muscles screaming "you ain't that young any more dummy!":mur:

Better today though and looking forward to more completed projects.

You are sooo right weldingisfun..... the more I use her, the more I realize anything smaller would have been a mistake. She is a perfect compromise between cost, size/manueverability and capability. :tractor::D I have two daughters plus my wife, none of which are into yard work so have done everything myself for many years. Buying my Mahindra was overdue and the best decision I have made in a long time. Not quite as good as having one or two strapping young men for sons, but the next best thing. :)

Glad the pics came though ok with photbucket.

Enjoy the spring all.

cheers! :drink:

/ Delivered: 2010 Mahindra 5035 #7  
I am not familiar with Mahindra due to poor representation in my area, but that is a really robust looking tractor; very nice indeed.:thumbsup:

I can sure identify with age and sore muscles, I pretty much have to operate HST or Hydraulic Shuttle Shift any more.

Hello TripleR,

I have a thread on the Mahindra forum, named "Mahindra 4035 vs 5035" (or something like that... I forget) that describes my research on this beast before purchase if you are interested. As another forum member stated, find a good dealer first, then pick the tractor. My dealer has been around for quite a while and just started carrying Mahindra a few years ago and has been building it up slowly as the brand gains recognition.

I empathize with aches and pains. I was quite sore yesterday, but much better today. It is actually good exercise for me. I wanted to avoid anything more complicated than standard gear shift to minimize cost and the added expense when/if the day came for repairs. Fortunately, everything still works as I have no real physical problems at 54, just a bit out of shape. However, it would take me WEEKS and many days of recuperation if I tried to do what I did Friday with just my garden tractor/snow blade, a dump cart and my back... thank God for Tractors!:cool2:

Have a good day and thanks for your thoughts.
:drink:

/ Delivered: 2010 Mahindra 5035 #9  
Hello TripleR,

I have a thread on the Mahindra forum, named "Mahindra 4035 vs 5035" (or something like that... I forget) that describes my research on this beast before purchase if you are interested. As another forum member stated, find a good dealer first, then pick the tractor. My dealer has been around for quite a while and just started carrying Mahindra a few years ago and has been building it up slowly as the brand gains recognition.

I empathize with aches and pains. I was quite sore yesterday, but much better today. It is actually good exercise for me. I wanted to avoid anything more complicated than standard gear shift to minimize cost and the added expense when/if the day came for repairs. Fortunately, everything still works as I have no real physical problems at 54, just a bit out of shape. However, it would take me WEEKS and many days of recuperation if I tried to do what I did Friday with just my garden tractor/snow blade, a dump cart and my back... thank God for Tractors!:cool2:

Have a good day and thanks for your thoughts.
:drink:

I will check the thread out, thanks.

Around here Mahindra dealers seem to have come and gone and are still considered an "off brand". I saw an advertisement where another dealership that also carries LS and Gehl has opened and maybe this will change. This is John Deere country and to survive, if you don't sell JD, you have to carry more than one brand.

When I was in my 50's, I didn't need the HST or Hydraulic Shuttle Shift either; wonder what happened. :laughing:

Actually I have a disability that has been compounded with age. My father and father in law were driving regular geared units into their late 70's before they passed, so you should be good to go for many years to come.

Enjoy your tractor, I will be out in a few minutes pushing trees, digging dirt and hauling rock.

Last edited:
Actually I have a disability that has been compounded with age. My father and father in law were driving regular geared units into their late 70's before they passed, so you should be good to go for many years to come.

I sure hope so. If something happens and I can't drive the standard, my wife will KILL ME for spending all that $ on something I can't use anymore. :mur:

To my defense, I sold another "toy" (although I don't feel a serious tractor is really a toy 'cause of the work it can do) to help take the bite out of this investment (an '02 corvette). If I had not done that, it would have been divorce court for sure. :eek:

Wish I could spend more time on my tractor today like you will be doing, but lawn care and a car project requires my attention. Maybe later today:thumbsup:

gotta go

Have fun!