Need a new zero turn mower.

/ Need a new zero turn mower. #11  
bad boy mowers are well built, but you need to consider parts and repair in your equation. Where are the dealers, are they easy to deal with, etc..

/ Need a new zero turn mower. #12  
My local Kubota, Scag, Bobcat, Grasshopper, Exmark, New Holland, Gravely, Argo, Brillion, Agco, Kawasaki and Woods dealer picked up Bad Boy last year. After about a year of having the line, they told me that they are about on par with Scag mowers and are actually taking a bit of their Scag business from previous Scag owners.

/ Need a new zero turn mower. #13  
A 50 inch deck on a commercial ZTR is pretty small and really hard to use for close work and trimming. My Toro Zmaster has a 52 inch deck and I would not want it any smaller. Just sayin.

/ Need a new zero turn mower. #14  
I got a 54 inch deck on the new Hustler Sport I mentioned a couple of posts ago. The deck extends a pretty fer piece beyond the wheel width, and I'm still working on getting the hang of proper placement as I operate the thing. Some of my mulch rings have paid the price as I accidentally rip through them and spray shredded mulch to kingdom come. :)

The most recent casualty of my ZTR operator folly was a platform bird feeder in the front yard. Tore that sucker right off with the ROPS while mowing around the base of the post it was mounted on. :)

Jay

/ Need a new zero turn mower. #15  
Whatever you decide to get make sure you can get parts and service. Since you're going commercial you need to have that mower in top shape. Grass doesn't stop growing because you're broke down. What would you do if your mower was in the shop for a week? Buy from a dealer that will put you on a mower while yours is being worked on. Its worth the extra money spent on a mower from a reputable dealer to get the parts and service and a loaner if needed.

/ Need a new zero turn mower. #16  
A local dealer has both Bad Boy and Gravely in the $5k models. Though the Bad Boy has a heavier deck, the warranty is better on the Gravely. Gravely has a Kawasaki while Bad Boy is Kohler. Lots of opinions on that difference, but at least if you buy from a dealer who services what he sells, a longer warranty sounds good. The deck on the Gravely is heavy built enough for any mowing most folks would do. That $5K Gravely, BTW, is the exact same machine as the $5K Ariens at Home Depot. Gravely has a 36 month 0% finance this month....might end soon?

Chuck

/ Need a new zero turn mower.
Today i went to take a look at the bad boy mower that i saw on craigslist. Looks and runs very well, gonna pick it up tomorrow for $2850. I just need to service it. Such as, new oil, trans mission filter, air filter, new blades.

Now on the blades do any of you guys have any recommandations? I saw meg-mo blades, and i know a lot of people like them, but im looking for other blades that just cut well.

Also if you guys have any good websites that i can use to order all these parts that would be great. Its a badboy 5000ZT 2010 series.

Hope you guys help me out.

Thanks

/ Need a new zero turn mower. #18  
If you want to mulch, I recommend Gator blades. Not cheap, but they do the best job I've seen.

/ Need a new zero turn mower. #19  
   / Need a new zero turn mower. #20  
If you look around the 'Lawn and Garden' forum on here, you will find that most of the 'non-commercial' machines have major problems just after the warranty expires (usually the transmission goes out).

But the 'commercial' machines seem to last forever.