made in usa ?

/ made in usa ? #1  

bayoubilly

Bronze Member
Tractor
1428v , 1533 SS
why do case and new holland reads made in usa on the tractor plate ? even the case dealer told me there are only assembled in usa

/ made in usa ? #2  
It's a gimmick to dupe weak minded people into buying a particular product. Sad thing is, a lot of stuff we buy today that is foreign made is as good if not better. Our schools are churning out idiots while developing nations are grooming producers.:(

/ made in usa ? #3  
If you make a simple product - a basic hand tool for example - you say where it was manufactured. With complex machinery like tractors, I guess they follow the same rule - the place where it was "assembled" is where it was "made", even though the parts may have come from all over the world. Maybe some companies have a different approach, but I don't know which ones.

Otherwise, it would be like that old Johnny Cash song about the "one piece at a time" Cadillac... take you ten minutes just to say where it came from. :laughing:

/ made in usa ? #4  
Shibaura sounds American to me :laughing:. A few years ago they passed a federal law saying cars and trucks needed to break it down because they were doing the same thing. The problem is most American made cars have names like Toyota on them while other companies thought to be American, just ask some of the NASCAR boys, like Dodge, are owned by foreign companies.

/ made in usa ? #5  
kubota kioti yanmar and johndeere sound american to me also but there not no more than newholland and case

and kubota kioti yanmar shibura will never be

/ made in usa ? #6  
Hah! Here is a good one. I'm at my Deere dealer and I see this good looking "Deere" license plate bracket- I'm thinking that would look good on my front bumper- Big letters on package.."made in USA!"

I buy it and when I get home and open it up, cast into the frame is.."Made in China". Well I'm BS as I never would have paid almost 20 bucks for it if I knew it was made in China. So I fire off an E-mail to Deere, get no reply and end up calling Deere HQ in Illinois and ask to talk to someone in their licensing group.

Long story short, I end up getting a call from a lawyer who says- "well the casting was made in China, but the Deere Logo was added in Tenn." I told her to send me an e-mail to that effect which she did- I sent one back saying if you play that game at the least the package should say.."assembled in USA of domestic and foreign components". Needless to say- that was the end of that.

But let's face it-it's a world economy- My 3320 has a Japanese engine, Italian hydraulic fittings, and a setbelt made in England. But at least those countries have costs similar to ours. Its the "Made in China" cast into the 300CX loader support brackets that piss me off!

/ made in usa ?
i looked at the 3320 jd , 3720 . assembled in usa dealer said only engine made in japan everything else usa , i flet like he was lying ,saying a sales pitch he didn t believe in . i bought 2nd japan tractor , i hope it s all japan made .

/ made in usa ? #8  
Don't get hung up on the "Made in the USA" thing. Also don't forget that there are millions of Americans employed in the import, distribution, sales, and, support of products not made here. Just because it's not "made" here doesn't mean there aren't a lot of jobs and revenue generated as a result of the economic activity involved with an imported product.

For years FoMoCo would import the content necessary to classify the most American of cars, the Crown Vic, as an "import" in order to monkey with the company's CAFE ranking. Tires from Spain, electronics from Japan, tranny from south of the border, etc......all reduced it's domestic content rating below that of a "domestic" auto and thus it didn't hit their fuel economy standards for vehicles considered "domestic." Likewise, Toyota upped the domestically produced content of the Camry to that of what the FedGov considers "domestic" in order to to not affect the overall average economy of their smaller imported models. Today, the Toyota Tundra has as much domestic content as any pickup on the market as planned by Toyota.

Where a company's HQ is located really doesn't mean that much anymore. It's much more about the volume they produce, the people employed, the revenue generated, and the results of that economic activity. No company, or government, knee-caps a cash-cow for nationalistic reasons. Business transcends boundaries and political parties. If there is a product in demand and a company to provide it, then there is prosperity to ensue for all involved.

I say this all as an employee of a German company, previously employed by a Canadian company, who loves the low prices and availability of consumer products built in Mexico and China and Thailand and Bangladesh.

/ made in usa ? #9  
Don't get hung up on the "Made in the USA" thing. Also don't forget that there are millions of Americans employed in the import, distribution, sales, and, support of products not made here. Just because it's not "made" here doesn't mean there aren't a lot of jobs and revenue generated as a result of the economic activity involved with an imported product.

Why not get hung up on it?

If the parts were actually manufactured here, there would be jobs in engineering, production, sales, distribution, supply chain, etc etc etc AND the profits would remain here.

Many foreign companies set up "pass through" holding companies that buy and sell at zero profit to avoid paying taxes. That doesn't help us at all, now does it?

/ made in usa ? #10  
Manufacturing is an industry for middle economies. Cheap labor. Little manufacturing for common items is conducted in the more advanced nations. Why? The cost of labor.

Many "parts" are produced and sold locally. There are any number of components makers who are "local" and convenient. How many things are made in Japan today? Twenty-five years ago everyone was running around with their hands in the air about all the things made in Japan. ****, today, I would love to find something made in Japan. It's tough today to find things made in Mexico anymore.

There are people paid to do the most base of the operations, mate Part A with Part B, all over the world, yet the bigger jobs of transporting that product to market, making it ready to sell, selling it, and then supporting it are.................diametrically more important.

Sales and support generate far more than production in the big picture. It's the way things go in businesss.....