Quietest 30hp Tractor

/ Quietest 30hp Tractor #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hello, I have developed a hearing sensitivity and want to purchase the quietest 30HP tractor possible. I do wear ear muffs and plugs. My old JD 850 would put out 100dbs of nosie...way too much. Does anybody have any recommendations on the quietest 30hp tractor. Thanks for your help. gm1

/ Quietest 30hp Tractor
I don't think there is such a thing as a 'quiet' diesel, but I've been very happy with the amount and quality of the noise from my John Deere 4310 compared to other tractors I've used. The exhaust is directed out the front about as far from the operator as it can be. Also remember that many attachments (like mowers) can make quite a bit of noise as well.

/ Quietest 30hp Tractor #3  
Perhaps there are better quality muffs than what we normally wear.

There are some here who should be familiar with what is worn around aircraft.

Egon

/ Quietest 30hp Tractor #4  
Noise was a big factor in why I chose my New Holland TC33d over the Kubota L3010. Even thought the Kubota's rated PTO RPM's were lower than the New Hollands the New Holland was still easier on my ears.

/ Quietest 30hp Tractor #5  
You might want to check out a Mark Chalkley thread for <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=safety&Number=132514&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1>Pro Ears</A>. If they're good enough for him, I'm sure you'd be satisfied.

/ Quietest 30hp Tractor #6  
Well, I can tell you, it isn't a Power Trac /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

You are wise to wear hearing protection.

/ Quietest 30hp Tractor #7  
gm1
When I was shopping for my tractor I thought the NH line was one of the quietest. But I remember all the tractors that I looked at with a salesman had to be shut off in order to hear him talk unless they were yelling.
I would consider looking at some high quality ear protection as others have suggested.
When using most PTO operated attachments, more noise comes from them running than the tractor.

/ Quietest 30hp Tractor #8  
When you say '30 hp tractor' are you referring to the NH TC30, JD790, and Kubota L3000DT ? Or is the 30hp reference approximate. Of the three 30hp machines mentioned, the NH has an underhood muffler with the exhaust coming out near the front end near the axle. This changes the sound dynamic, though I am not sure if this is a plus or minus. The JD790 has a stack that comes out through the top of the hood. Not sure about the Kubota.

/ Quietest 30hp Tractor #9  
Hhmmmm.......maybe someone needs to set-up unbiased testing for these CUTs. It could be based on Nebraska/OECD type of tests.

/ Quietest 30hp Tractor #10  
Jerry, Don't forget the Kubota B2910 and the new B7800. They are both 30 HP, And have the under the hood muffler system.