Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Quietest 30hp Tractor

Hello, I have developed a hearing sensitivity and want to purchase the quietest 30HP tractor possible. I do wear ear muffs and plugs. My old JD 850 would put out 100dbs of nosie...way too much. Does anybody have any recommendations on the quietest 30hp tractor. Thanks for your help. gm1

Default Re: Quietest 30hp Tractor

I don't think there is such a thing as a 'quiet' diesel, but I've been very happy with the amount and quality of the noise from my John Deere 4310 compared to other tractors I've used. The exhaust is directed out the front about as far from the operator as it can be. Also remember that many attachments (like mowers) can make quite a bit of noise as well.

Perhaps there are better quality muffs than what we normally wear.

There are some here who should be familiar with what is worn around aircraft.

Egon

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    NH TC33D w/R4 Tires, Rear Remote, Hydraulic Toplink, 2 Auxiliary Work Lights, 7308 Loader w/Kasco Uni-Hitch (Quick Tach)

Noise was a big factor in why I chose my New Holland TC33d over the kubota L3010. Even thought the Kubota's rated PTO RPM's were lower than the New Hollands the New Holland was still easier on my ears.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC40D Supersteer

You might want to check out a Mark Chalkley thread for <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&amp;Board=safety&amp;Number=13251 4&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;vc=1>Pr o Ears</A>. If they're good enough for him, I'm sure you'd be satisfied.

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

Well, I can tell you, it isn't a Power Trac [img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

You are wise to wear hearing protection.

Tractor
    Kubota 2910 HST

gm1
    When I was shopping for my tractor I thought the NH line was one of the quietest. But I remember all the tractors that I looked at with a salesman had to be shut off in order to hear him talk unless they were yelling.
    I would consider looking at some high quality ear protection as others have suggested.
    When using most PTO operated attachments, more noise comes from them running than the tractor.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC30 Hydro 4x4, Gravely Zero Turn Mower

When you say '30 hp tractor' are you referring to the NH TC30, JD790, and kubota L3000DT ? Or is the 30hp reference approximate. Of the three 30hp machines mentioned, the NH has an underhood muffler with the exhaust coming out near the front end near the axle. This changes the sound dynamic, though I am not sure if this is a plus or minus. The JD790 has a stack that comes out through the top of the hood. Not sure about the Kubota.

Veteran Member

Hhmmmm.......maybe someone needs to set-up unbiased testing for these CUTs. It could be based on Nebraska/OECD type of tests.

Veteran Member
    Advertiser

Tractor
    Kubota B2710

Jerry, Don't forget the kubota B2910 and the new B7800. They are both 30 HP, And have the under the hood muffler system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast