Just Down Right Commical

/ Just Down Right Commical #11  
No worries, Shane. I am always amazed how some folks like to poke a stick in the cow pie...:D

/ Just Down Right Commical #12  
Beenthere has a point, and some others here do also(if I'm making sense).

I personally...would have called the dealer and offered to bring the original arms back.( I've been in this position)

But they would not have accepted them..........

1st is the law in the USA., that would not allow them to take them back..........they screwed up, and it's to your benefit.

2nd, is the fact that they were getting a used item back(as was stated), and it's more of a mess than a benefit.

But back to 'point number 1'............if you go to a store to buy something, and the price is 'mis-marked', they must sell it to you for the sticker price.(which is what you bought). but they screwed up by not changing the arms.(your benefit).

But as was suggested..........keep the arms 'just in case'.

/ Just Down Right Commical #13  
Beenthere has a point, and some others here do also(if I'm making sense).

I personally...would have called the dealer and offered to bring the original arms back.( I've been in this position)

But they would not have accepted them..........

1st is the law in the USA., that would not allow them to take them back..........they screwed up, and it's to your benefit.

2nd, is the fact that they were getting a used item back(as was stated), and it's more of a mess than a benefit.

But back to 'point number 1'............if you go to a store to buy something, and the price is 'mis-marked', they must sell it to you for the sticker price.(which is what you bought). but they screwed up by not changing the arms.(your benefit).

But as was suggested..........keep the arms 'just in case'.

Concur with this post 100%....they made the error originally, you deserve to keep the arms with nothing owing the dealership.

/ Just Down Right Commical #14  
When I bought my 3720 the dealer delivered it with the telescopic arms that I ordered along with the standard arms. I inquired as to why and he stated "the tractor comes from the factory with the standard arms so if you want telescopic you have to buy them as an "accessory"". They would not give me credit for the standard arms because they didn't want them sitting on the shelves as a used item.
I can guarantee that you paid for both sets so feel free to sell them with good conscience.

Ignore the "negative Nelly's" if they aren't stirring the pot then they are not happy.

/ Just Down Right Commical #15  
SSdoxie and Turbo36 are right. He owns the lift arms. Straight arms are standard as delivered and you pay for the telescoping links. Most dealers put them on for you and take the straight arms off and keep them. They are worthless and the dealer is doing you a favor because they will otherwise sit in your barn.

It's not comical, it's sad. Many dealers don't understand the current product line let alone machines that are no longer in production.

Unfortunately, since lift arms rarely break, the straight arms are mostly worth their weight as scrap. You can put them on ebay to see if someone buys them, but usually anyone looking for lift arms is trying to replace straight arms with telescoping arms.

/ Just Down Right Commical #16  
I thought people occationally twisted up their arms? I'd keep them, I'm always backing into stumps. And I don't think you stole anything Shane, but I can picture you with one of those Zorro masks...:D

/ Just Down Right Commical #17  
Shane, Those arms are yours. I added the deluxe air ride suspension on my 3720 back in October but wasn't given any "trade in" credit on the standard suspension that came with my tractor. When the tractor was delivered they handed me the old suspension for me to do with it as I wished.

Now, if they had given me some trade in money for the seat suspension that came with the tractor and still gave the old on to me then yes, I have something that doesn't belong to me.

Unless it was part of the purchase agreement that there was a credit for the standard arms then they are yours to do exactly as you wish.

/ Just Down Right Commical #18  
Off the subject, but it won't be the first time. If the dealer thought they belonged to him, he would have said so, very good explanations by others. I doubt very seriously if the price you paid was for the difference in cost between the two sets.

Amazing what we can get wrapped around the axle on when it is too muddy to get to our tractors; reminds me of one of my old Ethics classes.

/ Just Down Right Commical #19  
Shane,
When I ordered my 4520 I spec'ed the telescopic arms, I also made the deal to install them along with the rear lights and upgraded cruise options. So basically I left the dealership with the tractor and a few boxes of accessories. When completed I had the leftover arms, adjustable rod/clevis thingies and a couple of switches. Don't think I stole anything.

As I understand it, your dealer can order the telescopic arms at any time but this might be a whole goods order. I would think that most of the dealers have extra arms for the smaller tractors that were removed when new and are trying to make an extra buck. I suspect the larger tractors are shipped with the telescopic lift arms in place.

Long and short of it the dealer is trying to sell what he has in stock. A lawn and garden type dealer selling lots of small tractors would have a pile of these. Not illegal either.

/ Just Down Right Commical #20  
Shane, is it a possibility that your telescoping arms are NOT a JD part? Maybe they are aftermarket parts because JD never made those as an option. If you have your original paperwork, it might help with your investigation, but being a 3rd party aftermarket might be one explanation.