Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    John Deere 3120

Default Just Down Right Commical

When I was shopping for a tractor a few years ago I zeroed in on a JD 3120. Once I knew exactly what I wanted I was able to compare apples to apples with various dealers. The dealer who finally gave me the best deal was the one I wanted to do business anyway. He is in a farming community and something about that just appeals to me. Anyway, part of the deal was to include telescoping draft link arms. When they delivered the tractor it had the regular arms. I called the dealer about it and he stated he forgot that part. He promised he would get me other arms. Sure enough, about a month later UPS delivered the telescoping arms.

I've been siting on the regular ones for a couple of years. I decided to get them out of my way by selling them on Craig's List. Only problem I needed to know what they are worth. Two JD dealers told me today (as in two different locations) that the replacement ones were around $299 each and that the telescoping ones were not available for my tractor.

I bit my tongue to keep from telling them that I have a tractor out in my shop with the telescoping arms.

This seems comical to me. Does this sound right to anyone else?
    Just thinking about seat time makes me happy.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X485 JD 4x2 Gator, JD 425, JD455

Default Re: Just Down Right Commical

Sounds like you are selling the Deere dealers arms, that don't belong to you.

Why not take them back to their owner?

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Might be because the 3120 is no longer produced.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

My guess is you paid extra for the optional telescoping arms on top of the base tractor price. IMO you own a spare set of lift arms. Good luck with selling them!
    Bobcat CT225

...and not enough time to get everything I want to get done.

Padawan Tractor Learner
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Deere 317 & L118

My Yanmar isn't supposed to have telescopic arms but i made it work. I would just sell the old ones, less than the dealer, but enough to make them worth selling.
    My Fleet:
    2004 Deere 317 Skid Steer Loader
    66" Construction bucket, imatch QA adapter, CU72 Jake Rake, Middle Buster, 60" Landscape rake, 54"x 48" Pallet forks
    2005 John Deere L118
    42" deck

Check out my rakes: www.Jakesimplements.com

Member of the TBN "Young gun" Club

Tractor
    John Deere 3120

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Sounds like you are selling the Deere dealers arms, that don't belong to you.

Why not take them back to their owner?

Really? Why didn't they ask for them back? They knew good and well I had them. It's not like I slipped them out the back door. I don't think I like what you are implying. I would never knowingly keep something that did not belong to me. That's just not how I work.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

You are rightful owner of these lift arms. Although you made the deal with telescopic arms, the tractor was equipped with the standard so your salesman had to order the new ones from his Parts department and add to the cost of sale. The original ones had been installed, maybe never used, but are still considered used parts and not able to resell through normal parts channel. Would have been more costly and confusing in dealers accounting than to just let you keep them.

As for not finding the telescopic arms in his parts catalog, I wonder if he thought to look in the Options and Accessories part of the catalog. Most parts pages list only the standard equipment and you have to go to O&P for optional equipment.

Tractor
    2014 John Deere X534

You asked for opinions and number 2 poster gave you one.
    Hours=(20.2)-2014 X534,bought May 29th,2 spinner knobs,brush guard,convert-a-ball front and rear,mulch kit,Gator blades,J/D 10P cart,4 suitcase weights,Brinly 24x36 poly lawn roller.Markcuda.com
    "if you like your healthcare,you can keep it"
    "if you like your doctor,you can keep them"

Tractor
    Many

You can be sure you payed for them somewhere in the deal ...I would keep them you might break one one day !

Tractor
    John Deere 3120

Quote Originally Posted by Markcuda View Post
    You asked for opinions and number 2 poster gave you one.
    I guess if I was more specific I would have said something like, when I purchase my tractor telescoping arms where an option but no dealers are saying that it was never an option. Does this sound right? But, even though I was not that specific, I never asked for an opinion if I was a thief or not, only if it sounded right that the telescopic arms where not an option like they used to be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast