Comparison zero turn decision time!!??

/ zero turn decision time!!?? #1  

WINSTONSM

Tractor
Looking
We are trying to decide which zero turn is the best decision between the J.D. Z925a, Z930a or the Gravely Pro turn 200, Pro master?? Both mowers offer Kawasaki motors but the only difference is J.D. offers 27hp (925a), 29hp (930a) and gravely has the 31hp. Both are being compared with 60" decks. Any advise would be GREATLY appreciated between these to help make our decision!! Please Help!!

Thanks!!

/ zero turn decision time!!?? #2  
Just out of curiosity why aren't you considering the Kubota ZD300 series?
Are you looking for a gas or diesel engine, Air or liquid cooled?

/ zero turn decision time!!?? #3  
Just out of curiosity why aren't you considering the Kubota ZD300 series?
Are you looking for a gas or diesel engine, Air or liquid cooled?

I have to agree with KJINTF. I have a Grasshopper 223 (23 hp Pro Command Kohler) and that thing drinks gas like a frat boy drinks beer on Saturday night. I've regretted not buying diesel since the day I bought it. The diesel was about $1500.00 more, but according to research done by grasshopper, uses 1/2 the fuel. They say that a diesel will use 900 gallons less than a comparable gas mower over 1000 hours. That more than pays the difference in price. Also, the diesel is going to last a lot longer than a comparable gas burner.

Grasshopper Mower MaxTorque™ Diesel .

Grasshopper Mower

I do love my Grasshopper and it's made in the U.S.A. !!!! (Moundridge Kansas)

/ zero turn decision time!!?? #4  
I just bought a bad boy ZT with 50 inch deck. Maybe want to consider the Bad Boy ZT with 60 inch deck. Not sure what engine are available for it. Ive just been driving around sinds the grass insnt tall enough for me to cut. But the ride is very comfortable and the deck is very very strong.Good luck on your new Zero turn mower

/ zero turn decision time!!?? #5  
We are trying to decide which zero turn is the best decision between the J.D. Z925a, Z930a or the Gravely Pro turn 200, Pro master?? Both mowers offer Kawasaki motors but the only difference is J.D. offers 27hp (925a), 29hp (930a) and gravely has the 31hp. Both are being compared with 60" decks. Any advise would be GREATLY appreciated between these to help make our decision!! Please Help!!

Thanks!!
Back on topic of your question:

If you have an opportunity within your decision window, select the 29 HP with the digital fuel injection. Kawasaki is an excellent engine and the DFI gets much better fuel consumption efficiency over the carb.

For me, I'd have to go Gravely. JD just doesn't have the longterm muscle of life expectancy (in my experience and opinion) as does the other top brand. However, the Kawasaki engine is the lifeline of an operating machine, so there lies the core component. So please don't let my opinion of JD sway you. I'm all about the Kawasaki engines from using them over the years. Those things have been bullet-proof for me. Also consider the other specs, pump capacity for the steer wheels, bearing make, deck thickness / rugedness etc....

/ zero turn decision time!!?? #6  
We have a Kubota ZD326, and the diesel motor compared to the gas burner we had uses half or less of fuel and has twice the power of a gas burner.. So I definitely suggest a diesel whatever brand you get.

/ zero turn decision time!!?? #7  
I have a JD z910 and it's a fantastic mower, but I'll say this, if you do go with a JD, and want the mulch capability, then go ahead and get the M.O.D. deck for it. it won't cut worth a darned in tall grass with the mulch kit in place and it's a major pain to remove or install. the M.O.D. is alot nicer if you have the need to go between mulch and side discharge.

/ zero turn decision time!!?? #8  

Thanks!!
Comparing a 27, 29 and 31 hp engine on a 60" deck is like comparing 1 ton dual rear diesel pickups pulling a canoe, all three engines will power a 60" deck very well. Hydraulic motors and pumps are probably Parkers in both of them, both have commercial grade frames, both should have a ROPS system. The only real difference in performance of most commercial mid mount mowers is the deck design and the seat (as in what ype of suspension system it has). Myself I have never been on either mower, however my dad has the Pro-Turn 160 with a 60" deck and to me it rides rough and is too monstrous to be manueverable. But I was VERY use to a 52" deck on a commercial Toro with a slightly smaller lower profile frame, so don't take my opinion too highly on this issue. The Gravely is built very well I will say, I think both mowrs will be very durable and should last a long time. Pick your price and which dealer is the best and go with it.

P.S. I bought a lightly used Grasshopper, rides much better than any mid mount I've ever been on.

/ zero turn decision time!!?? #9  
If I had it to do over again, I would go with the diesel over the gas.

I have an Exmark Lazer Z and it is an AWESOME grass cutting machine. But it guzzles gas.

The only down side to a zero turn mower is that it ONLY cuts grass. Although I did see someone adapt a snow plow to the front of his and he liked it. And I used to pull the small trailer around with my Exmark when I was in a pinch.

Greg