Help for Newbe Looking For New Tractor

/ Help for Newbe Looking For New Tractor #31  
<font color=blue>WHAT DO THE REST OF YOU THINK OF USING A BH ON A TC18???</font color=blue>

Hmm. Is it beefy enough to support it? Do they make a sub-frame mount BH for the TC18? Would you use the on-board hydraulics or a pump on the PTO?

Personally, a BH is a big dollar investment. If you can afford it, go for it. Right now, I can't justify the cost VS renting a tracked mini excavator every few years. I just don't have enough jobs for one.... but in a few years I might /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Help for Newbe Looking For New Tractor #32  
<font color=blue>WHERE ELSE CAN YOU DEBATE TRACTORS?</font color=blue>

At least we agree on that, Kiotiguy... /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Take care.

/ Help for Newbe Looking For New Tractor #33  
SubVet,

Welcome to THE forum (and to the never ending debate of gears vs HST).
You probably are aware of this, but if you are interested in the Kubota BX and want a backhoe, you will have to get it as a package deal in the BX22. You will not be able to add one to the BX2200. If you are interested in 'light' backhoe work and don't mind taking your time, the BX22 backhoe will do an amazing amount of work. The limiting factor is the light weight of the tractor as the hoe can move the tractor around if you get too aggressive. This will be true for most of the compact tractors until you get into the L series Kubota or similiar size of other brand where you get a much heavier tractor.
The low stance of the BX will be better for you on the slopes. As mentioned, the ground clearance is less with the BX if that is a problem for you. I have used mine in the woods, on slopes, and in some rough ground - so far never a problem with the ground clearance. I don't use it in the woods with the mid-mount mower attached and I avoid driving over logs!
Best wishes, take your time to make the best decision, enjoy this forum!

Terry

/ Help for Newbe Looking For New Tractor
Mossroad: Oops. I guess the hydro vs geared issue is viewed as a sort of "religious" argument. The bottom line is that in a hydro power is transmitted from the engine via hydraulic fluid vs direct mechanical transmission (no pun intended). That fact, which no one seems to question, has certain consequences. The argument seems to be over the consequences. Ah, well. Better drop that.
But I would hope there would be no arguments about using a BH on something that size. NH does provide a subframe for its BHs. But the NH hoes are more expensive than 3rd party units-so people might be tempted to buy a less expensive, 3 point mounted BH. I know of one case (related by a NH dealer) where someone bought a 3 point hitch BH (from a 3rd party manufacturer) and ended up snapping the tractor in two (the twisting stresses in certain operations are very great). NH repaired it but they no long recommend their mid sized hoe on smaller units which they used to do. If Subvet is planning to use a BH on a smaller tractor (I guess they are called sub-compacts) he needs to be made aware of this. At the least, he should stick with a branded BH supplied by the manufacturer (whether NH, Kub or whomever). John

/ Help for Newbe Looking For New Tractor #35  
Hi SubVet,

After sifting through all the thread creep here I just realized we're almost neighbors!

We live in Oxford, PA just over the border from you. They used a hill across the pasture from me during the initial survey of the Mason Dixon line years ago!

Anyway, I was in your situation this time last year. Shopped Deer Creek(JD), Burke - Newark Kubota, Stoltzfus Farm Equip. (Kubota), and Ag-Industrial (Rising Sun NH) before settling on Burke - Newark DE Kubota.

We had slightly different needs than yourself. After much shopping and comparing found Kubota to be the best overall deal for us. Most bang for the dollar, and best overall quality (Just our opinion guys).

Deer Creek at the time did not seem interested in the "cutting the deal" department. I guess we were too small a customer for them. They seemed to like working with the large farm operations compared to the small vineyard we are. They have a reputation for the highest prices in our area.

Ag-Industrial NH was much more competitive and friendly, but we were not convinced the NH line was a good fit for us.

Marvin at Stoltzfus Farm Service Kubota in Gap, PA was competitive and friendly and relatively close to home, but when it came to numbers time, Newark DE Kubota was the clincher. Erich Reichelt, the General Manager will give you a fair deal. Either one of these dealers I would highly recommend.

We do ALL of our own regular service here so the old Dealer value addage did not apply, it was strictly a business decision with no emotion allowed. We actually have a good business relationship with Stoltzfus for all of our service parts and other stuff.

We couldn't be happier with our Kubota and at thousands less than a comparable Deere.

Keep shopping and use the excellent info here at TBN. Having TBN was a godsend for us and still is. The wealth of information and all the friendly good people willing to share their opinions is an enormous asset !

Good Luck,

Tony

/ Help for Newbe Looking For New Tractor #36  
<font color=blue>WHAT DO THE REST OF YOU THINK OF USING A BH ON A TC18???</font color=blue>

I think it would handle one just fine. New Holland's 756? model is designed to fit it with a subframe. It runs off the tractor hydraulics.

Granted it's not even on the same page as a "real" backhoe (Case 580 or Deere 310 etc.) It will not dig a foundation for a new house, but it will do a great job for light trenching & stump removal.

Please rememeber we are talking about homeowner use on a 2.5 acre lot here, not commercial use.

/ Help for Newbe Looking For New Tractor #37  
<font color=orange>If you're seriously thinking of getting a BH later, please consider something bigger than a TC18 (or equivalent in Kub or whatever).</font color=orange> My equivalent Kub tractor with HST is doing just nicely, Thank You /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gifand at around 1500 rpms for most jobs what is the worry/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif about lost HP if you don't need it./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif ...RayBee(a picture is worth at least 1000 words??) /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Help for Newbe Looking For New Tractor #38  
Here's the photo. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

/ Help for Newbe Looking For New Tractor #39  
Maybe, this time.? ..Dang /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif (Mohammed is this server a gear driven or HST?)

Attachments

• 46-223433-2710&stump.jpg
    46-223433-2710&stump.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 80
   / Help for Newbe Looking For New Tractor
i have a two stage clutch, so my implement does not slow down.