Tractor Sizing Looking to size right Tractor New User

/ Looking to size right Tractor New User
Thanks for all the advise, I may do more than just cut the grass at some time or another, I live here in Augusta and actually do alot of work with the folks at the John Deere factories here. I was out at the plant a couple of days ago talking to a friend and he said the 790 with the MX5 (because it has an independant clutch) would be a solid solution, also a FEL. On that note has anyone priced an MX5 Bush hog or equivilant? Thanks again for all the feed back.
Now on to the shopping stage maybe, does anyone have the Mahindra wed address.

thanks
Graham

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mahindrausa.com/>www.mahindrausa.com</A>

Just buy from a local dealer that you feel comfotable with. All tractors will need repairs and service from time to time.

I agree with the others, you need at least a 30 hp or larger for a 6 foot brush hog type cutter.

Good luck and enjoy.

/ Looking to size right Tractor New User #14  
another tractor u might want to check out if u have a dealer close is the KIOTI i don't have any personal experience with them, but understand they are quite nice and a few $$ less than the big 3.

/ Looking to size right Tractor New User #15  
   / Looking to size right Tractor New User #16  
If you are looking at Branson,also look at Century. Basically same tractor just different name and distributors. You will probably find more Century dealers. AmJawa who distributes Zetor also distribute the Century brand

/ Looking to size right Tractor New User #17  
<font color=blue>...If you are looking at Branson,also look at Century...</font color=blue>

Hi Woodbeef,

From the pricing reports here on TBN... I would think anyone considering Century... should look at Branson instead for the same unit and considerable dollars cheaper... (not the other way around)/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

Also, if you've noticed AmJawa seemed to have "lost" the Landini line... (my favorite Italian Massey /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif)

/ Looking to size right Tractor New User #18  
I mow and disk about 13 acres of pasture with my NH 1920.. a 33hp precursor to the TC series. Both are all day events. A larger tractor will be faster.. pulls a bigger cutter / disc and is heavier.

More HP may seem like a waste of money.. but you never know.... I good condition NH 3010S might be nice... in the 45 hp range.. big and heavy but not huge... economy model not as many bells and whistles.. but very ca[able.

I wouldn't go under 30hp unless you have lots of time... I personally would like to get a 3010 or a 2120 to do my land and trim some time.. but the 1920 handles it nicely for now.

Soundguy

/ Looking to size right Tractor New User #19  
Hey John,

How's it going?

Can't say that I ever had the chance to price a Century. I did go with the neighbor though to price a Branson 4350. It ended up even more $$$ than a Deere!!

Does Branson have an actual US importer? Or does Eastern Farm Machinery up here,send them to you guys? If so might make a $$$ difference with the exchange.

Did Landini not go in-house for distribution in the States? They have up here.

/ Looking to size right Tractor New User #20  
I have owned tractors from a 25 hp Kubota to a 50 hp JD which I have now. I would definetly go with the largest hp that you and your wallet feel comfortable with. The work will be four times with double the hp. Heavy grass is probably the most hp robbing job that you will do with a tractor. Cutting brush is a cake walk compared to grass. A larger tractor pulling easily will last considerably longer than a small one working at the top end of her limits.