Tractor Sizing Looking to size right Tractor New User

/ Looking to size right Tractor New User
Folks

I just received a quote back on a JD 7904WD,419 Loader, MX5 5' Bush hog @15,800.00. How does this look?

Thanks
Graham

/ Looking to size right Tractor New User #22  
Depending on what your freiendship is with the Deere guys in Augusta you might want to have a quote with a 513 rotary cutter rather than the MX-5. Unless they are willing to give you a real deal on the MX the 513 will be much cheaper.

I did speak to a friend out at the plant that said the MX is more but it has an independant clutch so that I would not shear the pin of the cutter, with the two stage clutch. Ha also said the MX is way mor rugged than the cheaper cutter.

I talked to another dealer and got the same quote and he was $600 cheaper. I hope to go look at the Mahindra tractors this weekend.
What should I expect on the Mehindra prices for 30-40 HP with Loader and Cutter?

thanks
Graham

/ Looking to size right Tractor New User #24  
Branson has an importer. Bransontractor.com is their site. I think if a Branson dealer is holding full list it will be tough to encourage buyers away from the big 3. We sell Bransons on the west coast and try to make the prices attractive. Each dealer can set his own prices though, so there can be a big disparity. They are great tractors, worthy of a higher price, but that isn't the way to break into a market.

/ Looking to size right Tractor New User #25  
If its light haying you want to do then 30+ is need ina compact tractor. If you wan to bale hay then get a utility size tractor 42 HP or more. A Vermeer 5400 Rebel needs 40 HP. most small square balers need 30+ HP and alarger one would need 40+. If is alot of hay you want to do then the comact will limit you ability to harvest hay. Usually most end up with 2 tractors a compact and an older utility tractor with some HP above 40.

/ Looking to size right Tractor New User #26  
gellison,

I would suggest a TC30 over a JD790 (I have a JD myself). I don't believe the 790 is available with a hydro drive but I know the TC30 is. The TC30 is considered sort of the economy version as is the JD790. I would guess that you could spend about the same amount on the two machines. I have often been known to be wrong though. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Thanks for the advise, I will difinitely look into the TC30. Have priced a TC35 @ 14,700 for the tractor only and 4,200 for the loader. I'll price the TC30 as well though.
Thanks
Graham

/ Looking to size right Tractor New User #28  
I agree with tdenny. My 55 year old 6' 200 lb frame had a tough time getting on to the 790 and was cramped while I was there. All this even before I started the engine. I think it would be very tiring to do a full day's work on one. The TC30 is a great no bells and whistles tractor, can be had with hydro and should be less than the Deere - JMO!
Pacesetter