Do Hydrostatic Trans Eat HP?

/ Do Hydrostatic Trans Eat HP? #11  
In drifted or varying snow depth, or working around cars buildings etc, my L5030HSTC on a 7 ft blower is about 2x faster than the same blower on my 100 hp MF5455.

You can adjust the speed so easily and keep the tractor loaded to just below stall continuously. The big tractor has brute power but is a chore to shift all the time and work close to objects. On a long straight run the big tractor is great but it actually has more power than the blower can use and will just end up plowing snow with the blower if you push too hard.

/ Do Hydrostatic Trans Eat HP? #12  
With the HST you always have the "perfect"gear,I snow-plow,roto-till,box blade,bottom plow....you get the picture....with the Kubota HST plus:you can't stall the tractor.Can't be beat it for loader work.

/ Do Hydrostatic Trans Eat HP? #13  
With my DK45SE HST the spec charts show a 2HP drop between the geared version and the HST.

hay..this is my 700th post:D

/ Do Hydrostatic Trans Eat HP? #14  
My opinion, hp is a non issue as regards gear vs HST.
The reasons are many, quite a few mentioned below.
IMHO, the advantages of HST of speed control, safety, etc are key decision factors. HP is important, but once you are within the right couple of hp for your needs, hp is a non issue. Make your decision on other factors...but for goodness sakes drive an HST under true work conditions before making your decision.

Either one has more hp than it needs so why fuss about the minute difference in HP ?