Mahindra 3316HST or John Deere 3320 or 2720

/ Mahindra 3316HST or John Deere 3320 or 2720 #1  

BRBurns

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4300
Hi, I've been looking around here for a while, but can't find an answer to this question. I'm concidering a Mahindra 3316HST and a used John Deere 3320. Both hydro models, both with loaders and 72" MMM.

I have 6 acres with a new house. I need to move a bunch of dirt this spring and prepare to seed the yard. Yard will be about 4 acres. The house sits up on a 20' tall hill that I will have to mow, so I need plenty power for that and a transmition that will hold up to mowing that hill for 30 years. I also my be cleaning manure out of barns for kids 4H projects if they are interested in that sort of thing. Brush mowing some. I also plan on having more land in the future.

I'm familiar with JD's larger tractors, my dad has several. I like how the 3320 feels, and I'm confident that it can do everything I need it to do. I'm also comfortable that I will be able to buy parts for it in 20-25 years down the road.

The Mahindra seems to be an impressive tractor, at least according to the specs. It seems like it would be a little easier to manuver around the yard when mowing. I have heard good things about Mahindra's. Also, I have found what seems to be a good deal on a new 3316. My concern is parts in 25 years and durrability. Also the FEL bucket seems really small based on the lift specs.

I'm pretty sure the 2720 will struggle with mowing my hill.

Any insights are greatly appriciated.

Ben

/ Mahindra 3316HST or John Deere 3320 or 2720 #2  
I am a Mahindra dealer, so I don't expect you to think my opinion is unbiased, so do as some of my customers have done. They have checked into Mahindra's history and company financial history. Their own homework steered them to own a Mahindra tractor.