Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: I think this is a great deal!

Of course it's a scam. I see them all the time and the "richmond, IN richmond, IN richmond, IN richmond, IN richmond, IN richmond, IN richmond, IN richmond, IN richmond, IN richmond, IN richmond, IN richmond, IN richmond, IN richmond, IN" part is common to them all.

Also, isn't that a pressure tank sitting out in the yard? Don't it get a bit chilly in IN for that?

Tractor
    International Hydro 84

I couldn't see that ad as it has been removed but if it's as described have seen a number of them on craigslist.

I inquired on a Polaris Ranger that was for sale in Kentucky not too far from my sister's place but was told that the item was not in Kentucky as listed, but was in Montana and at the shipping location as the guy was out of the Country. I played the game with him for a bit by telling him that my luck must be absolutely incredible as my sister lives not 10 minutes from where the item was located so I could have her come by to pick it up . I told him that since I was getting such a great deal on the item he was selling that I would not even request a discount since he didn't have to ship it. We had two or three more exchanges before he wised up and stopped replying to me. These guys all seem to run the same style of ad. I suppose the Nigerian relative bit has run its course so they've moved on to bigger and better scams!

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

theres another crank ad on theclassified listed here on tractor by net..maybe 2 in fact, the JD 4520 thats for sale for 16,400 was sold on ebay last jan for 28,000 by the same guy who name is plastered in the pictures listed on our ads. yopu know..the real seller.

i tell you, you have to be careful.
    Last edited by grsthegreat; 04-07-2011 at 11:11 AM.
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

Quote Originally Posted by David P View Post
    I couldn't see that ad as it has been removed but if it's as described have seen a number of them on craigslist.

I inquired on a Polaris Ranger that was for sale in Kentucky not too far from my sister's place but was told that the item was not in Kentucky as listed, but was in Montana and at the shipping location as the guy was out of the Country. I played the game with him for a bit by telling him that my luck must be absolutely incredible as my sister lives not 10 minutes from where the item was located so I could have her come by to pick it up . I told him that since I was getting such a great deal on the item he was selling that I would not even request a discount since he didn't have to ship it. We had two or three more exchanges before he wised up and stopped replying to me. These guys all seem to run the same style of ad. I suppose the Nigerian relative bit has run its course so they've moved on to bigger and better scams!

i saw a 2006 JD 4520,loader,cab 35 hours for 10,000 and it was listed in like 50 different craigslist ads, all of which seems to have been pulled.
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Tractor
    Kubota L3240HST-3, Hustler Fastrak 54" ZTR

I emailed a guy on craigslist about a JD 4320 for like $5K when I first got the idea of looking for a tractor. Turns out, he was stationed on one of the BP oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico and needed to sell his tractor because he was moving down there. All I needed to do was wire him the money and he would have it delivered. All these lowball prices on tractors, motorhomes, etc. are always scams. Who would really sell something for like 20% of its value?

Just copy and paste the ad's title into google and you can usually come up with the exact same posting/price/pictures in several different cities.

Tractor
    New Holland TC29DA

Seller is always out of town out of county out of his mind you will not be able to view because it will not be there. That tractor is not even his it is someone else's. The person steals the pictures fakes the add and the poof steals your wired money flag it so some rube dose not get took.
    It's how you deal with people rather than how people deal with you.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    MF 50H LBH

The ad's gone now, but the next one you see copy the whole title less the price into google. You'll find the same ad repeated on craigslists all over the country.

Here's on that's still up John Deere 790 Tractor with 300 Loader 4 wheel drive 27 hp mint condition - $2860 http://roswell.craigslist.org/grd/2305044448.html

Here's the google search for it

http://www.google.com/search?q=John+...ient=firefox-a
    Last edited by Joe H; 04-07-2011 at 12:28 PM. Reason: add search info

Tractor
    Kubota L5030 1947 Farmall A John Deere Z910

Quote Originally Posted by HiTechTed View Post
    What you guys are talking about are obvious scams that only Glenn Beck fans would buy in to. But just because this guy has this stuff listed at a stupid price doesn't automatically make it a scam. He might be naive, he might have had the stuff willed to him, who knows. There's always a chance that it COULD be a good deal. If the reply comes from anywhere other than the listed location I'll stick my middle finger in the air and forget about it. If it comes from where he says he is and I can go see it all, I'm going to at least see what's up with it. I'm not 100% convinced that it's legit but I'm also not automatically calling it a hoax unless I get evidence that it is indeed a hoax. And I emailed a short while ago so I'll see what's up soon enough...
    A low price tractor on Craig's list is evidence enough to be guilty of a scam. You must prove that it is not.

That is the Glen Beck Fan philosophy.

So, how is your "I'm also not automatically calling it a hoax unless I get evidence" working for you?
    TXDon

Tractor
    John Deere 4100

If something was THAT good of a deal they wouldn't have to advertise it on Craig's list. They could sell it to a dealer for more than they are asking or an acquaintance of theirs would have already bought it.

There's an old saying that applies here...if it's too good to be true is PROBABLY is. Craig's list is well known for scams. Sure, there are honest people with honest items on there, but the idea you can buy something for almost nothing is pretty naive. You would have to be living in a complete vacuum to not be aware of scams, particularly on Craig's list. It's on tv, newspapers, and the internet every single day.

BUYER BEWARE! Use common sense. If you don't have any, you better have some good friends.

Tractor
    04/4310

I've sold a few things on cl. Had good luck. Just didn't respond to the ones I've been reading about on here. Like the don't have time to come look at/pick up check senders.

My cl account has now been hacked and they are posting from it. I've erased four false ads already. One was a sweet 4520 tlb for $4500. ***holes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast