I think this is a great deal!

/ I think this is a great deal! #31  
The ad's gone now, but the next one you see copy the whole title less the price into google. You'll find the same ad repeated on craigslists all over the country.

Here's on that's still up John Deere 790 Tractor with 300 Loader 4 wheel drive 27 hp mint condition - $2860 John Deere 790 Tractor with 300 Loader 4 wheel drive 27 hp mint condition

Here's the google search for it

John Deere 790 Tractor with 300 Loader 4 wheel drive 27 hp mint condition - Google Search

i found the craigslist ad for this tractor before it ws taken down. it was listed in over 20 craigslist all over the country. what a joke

/ I think this is a great deal!
A low price tractor on Craig's list is evidence enough to be guilty of a scam.You must prove that it is not.

That is the Glen Beck Fan philosophy.

In other words, a person should research and figure out whether or not something really is a scam, just like I was saying? And it's not evidence of anything until you prove it one way or another. There could be many reasons why a tractor is priced low, but you won't know unless you check into it. Yeah I know, everybody and everything is guilty until proven innocent according to your hero. Since most of his "fans" are functionally illiterate and his claims don't hold water, I don't put much value in what he says.
So, how is your "I'm also not automatically calling it a hoax unless I get evidence" working for you? :D

Quite well, no thanks to your mindless reply or the others on here who felt the need to attempt to try and make themselves look intelligent at my expense (you FAILED, but keep trying guys). Oh wait, let me add this ":D" to make it official.

Had I known about checking listings against Google searches, I never would have posted this thread. I thought I was turning people on to a good deal and since it was local, I believed I could see it in person. Well, not so. Now I know and I'm better off for it. Too bad that so many people decided to point fingers and laugh rather than give me (and others) good information on the subject. One jerk even went out of his way to post another thread at my expense...good one buddy! I wish I had the awesome 6th grade mentality that I'm sure so many of your illiterate friends find amazing.

Anyway, thanks to those people who decided to help and give tips. I appreciate it and I hope it helps others. It was this that gave PROOF that it wasn't legit. A low price doesn't automatically make anything a scam, sorry but there are other reasons why something could be priced low and every now and then there are good deals to be had.

P.S. Hey tex, I just got a really nice trailer from a government auction for 375. Do you think it was a scam? After all, the price is ridiculously low so that must be evidence that it's guilty of being a scam, according to the Glen Beck Fan Club Philosophy.

/ I think this is a great deal! #33  
In other words, a person should research and figure out whether or not something really is a scam, just like I was saying? And it's not evidence of anything until you prove it one way or another. There could be many reasons why a tractor is priced low, but you won't know unless you check into it. Yeah I know, everybody and everything is guilty until proven innocent according to your hero. Since most of his "fans" are functionally illiterate and his claims don't hold water, I don't put much value in what he says.

Quite well, no thanks to your mindless reply or the others on here who felt the need to attempt to try and make themselves look intelligent at my expense (you FAILED, but keep trying guys). Oh wait, let me add this ":D" to make it official.

Had I known about checking listings against Google searches, I never would have posted this thread. I thought I was turning people on to a good deal and since it was local, I believed I could see it in person. Well, not so. Now I know and I'm better off for it. Too bad that so many people decided to point fingers and laugh rather than give me (and others) good information on the subject. One jerk even went out of his way to post another thread at my expense...good one buddy! I wish I had the awesome 6th grade mentality that I'm sure so many of your illiterate friends find amazing.

Anyway, thanks to those people who decided to help and give tips. I appreciate it and I hope it helps others. It was this that gave PROOF that it wasn't legit. A low price doesn't automatically make anything a scam, sorry but there are other reasons why something could be priced low and every now and then there are good deals to be had.

P.S. Hey tex, I just got a really nice trailer from a government auction for 375. Do you think it was a scam? After all, the price is ridiculously low so that must be evidence that it's guilty of being a scam, according to the Glen Beck Fan Club Philosophy.

Don't take it too seriously, I got taken in by a similar add not long ago too and posted it and yes I had it pointed out to me in detail.:)

/ I think this is a great deal! #34  
What you guys are talking about are obvious scams that only Glenn Beck fans would buy in to. But just because this guy has this stuff listed at a stupid price doesn't automatically make it a scam. He might be naive, he might have had the stuff willed to him, who knows. There's always a chance that it COULD be a good deal. If the reply comes from anywhere other than the listed location I'll stick my middle finger in the air and forget about it. If it comes from where he says he is and I can go see it all, I'm going to at least see what's up with it. I'm not 100% convinced that it's legit but I'm also not automatically calling it a hoax unless I get evidence that it is indeed a hoax. And I emailed a short while ago so I'll see what's up soon enough...

I don't even flirt with that stuff.

I guess I am willing to pay fair value for the stuff I own and I don't feel the need to snatch up a "deal" and turn it around for profit.

But, there's nothing wrong with that.:cool:

/ I think this is a great deal! #35  

geesh..take a lude dude.

No one was making fun or degrading you, they were warning you.

take it for what its worth

/ I think this is a great deal! #36  
funny thing is, i went and re-read all 4 pages, and except for the little joke about "how's it working for you". i didn't see any thread that is derogatory toward you. they were just basically warning you to be on the lookout.

As far as name calling ....who was it that said anyone listening to Glen Beck is a mindless idiot....i think you need to clean up your own post before yo berate others.

Just my illiterate (Masters degree in endocrinology) opinion.

/ I think this is a great deal! #37  
A low price doesn't automatically make anything a scam, sorry but there are other reasons why something could be priced low and every now and then there are good deals to be had.

We were only talking about tractor scams on Craig's list.

Doing a search on TBN on "craig's list scam" you will find 38 threads of tractor scams reported. Not smart, just bored. You did however made it interesting with your introduction to Beck (politics) in your thread. Please join us in the Friendly Politics forum in the Front Porch Forum, there is a current thread about Beck there.