Comparison Kubota L3800 or Massey 1533 or ???

/ Kubota L3800 or Massey 1533 or ??? #1  

71bronco

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kubota L3240DT
Hi Everyone,
I've been researching it seems like forever and now it's finally time to replace the old 8n. I'm trying to stay under $20,000.This is what I'm looking at-
Kubota l3800 with FEL and QA bucket,Ag tires,gear tranny--$18,300 or 17,300 cash price.Also about $400 to load back tires.
Massey 1533 with FEL with QA bucket, Ag tires, 8x8 shuttle tranny and loaded tires--$18925 with free FEL and cash instead of financing.
I also loked at NH boomer 35 and kioti CK35 and am waiting on a price but I wasn't impressed with the tractors or the dealer(same for both tractors)

I have 18 acres total -brush hog 4 acres regulary, 3 acres lawn that mow with a Scag and the rest woods(firewood cutting and trail upkeep) and snow plowing a 450' driveway. I'm a bricklayer so eventually will get forks to help unload the truck once in a while.

So the Massey definitly had more features(extendable 3 point arms ,independant PTO,higher lift capacity( PTO and FEL),shuttle. I just wonder why I see so many more Kubotas around here than Masseys.Is there something I'm missing? Massey seems like a lot nicer tractor for not alot more money.

Thanks for any help,Jeff

/ Kubota L3800 or Massey 1533 or ??? #2  
Hi Everyone,
I've been researching it seems like forever and now it's finally time to replace the old 8n. I'm trying to stay under $20,000.This is what I'm looking at-
Kubota l3800 with FEL and QA bucket,Ag tires,gear tranny--$18,300 or 17,300 cash price.Also about $400 to load back tires.
Massey 1533 with FEL with QA bucket, Ag tires, 8x8 shuttle tranny and loaded tires--$18925 with free FEL and cash instead of financing.
I also loked at NH boomer 35 and kioti CK35 and am waiting on a price but I wasn't impressed with the tractors or the dealer(same for both tractors)

I have 18 acres total -brush hog 4 acres regulary, 3 acres lawn that mow with a Scag and the rest woods(firewood cutting and trail upkeep) and snow plowing a 450' driveway. I'm a bricklayer so eventually will get forks to help unload the truck once in a while.

So the Massey definitly had more features(extendable 3 point arms ,independant PTO,higher lift capacity( PTO and FEL),shuttle. I just wonder why I see so many more Kubotas around here than Masseys.Is there something I'm missing? Massey seems like a lot nicer tractor for not alot more money.

Thanks for any help,Jeff
Im very happy with my 1533:thumbsup:

/ Kubota L3800 or Massey 1533 or ??? #3  
Massey has never pushed their compact size tractors. They have always pushed utility and larger models. That is the reason you don't see many. They are good tractors and the added options are well worth it.

/ Kubota L3800 or Massey 1533 or ???
Massey has never pushed their compact size tractors. They have always pushed utility and larger models. That is the reason you don't see many. They are good tractors and the added options are well worth it.

I guess I just don't understand why they wouldn't try to push them because comparing side by side with the L3800 makes the Kubota look stripped down. I guess I'm just nervous because I didn't really consider the Massey untill I saw an ad for the free loader and thought the Kubota was the tractor for me.The Massey forum on TBN doesn't get near the traffic as the Kubota forum so I had read alot more (pros and cons) about the Kubota. I guess I'm trying to see if there are any cons in picking the Massey over the Kubota.

Thanks for any help,Jeff

/ Kubota L3800 or Massey 1533 or ??? #5  
Read the reviews on :compact tractor reviews, doesn't sound too good for the 1533.Do your home work.

Checked the reviews here on TBN -7 reviews all good.Went to compact tractor reviews and there were some good and bad reviews and some of the bad reviews looked like they were written by the same person that had a problem with the rearend. That's the problem with online reviews. I'll keep researching and I hope some more Massey owners will chime in.

Thanks ,Jeff

/ Kubota L3800 or Massey 1533 or ??? #7  
Checked the reviews here on TBN -7 reviews all good.Went to compact tractor reviews and there were some good and bad reviews and some of the bad reviews looked like they were written by the same person that had a problem with the rearend. That's the problem with online reviews. I'll keep researching and I hope some more Massey owners will chime in.

Thanks ,Jeff

you talked about the Massey having the telescoping links. You also said the Boomer 35 want very impressing to you. it too has the telescoping 3 point links, a 4 cylinder motor instead of 3 and is 38 hp, has tilt steering, suspension seat, hydraulic pto, a much better two filter air cleaner system, 12x12 shuttle trans, (standard) and a few other goodies, even a horn, just wondering what didnt impress you

/ Kubota L3800 or Massey 1533 or ??? #8  
Hi Bronco ! Like my user name says, I was dreaming of a Kubota 4400, I went to the dealer and try one.....had a big deception,.there was vibrations and was better seated on my 1959 Oliver!!!!! I went to a Massey dealer and tried a 1643 ....a dream and a lot more equipment for the same prize ( was Hst, cruise control, auto trottle--drives like a car--, entended 3 pt links, platform mounted on rubber so less vibration...) So the best advise I can give you GO TRY BOTH, COMPARE standard equipment( make a list and compare, pump flow fel capacities.....), if you work in wood or use the brake to drive in winter, the left brakes on the Massey can be usefull because they are on the right side on a Kubota (with HST) so go and TRY TRY TRY all of the one you want to buy ( the 1635 is closer to the 3800). Good luck take your time, it is your money, spend it wright. Good luck.Roger

you talked about the Massey having the telescoping links. You also said the Boomer 35 want very impressing to you. it too has the telescoping 3 point links, a 4 cylinder motor instead of 3 and is 38 hp, has tilt steering, suspension seat, hydraulic pto, a much better two filter air cleaner system, 12x12 shuttle trans, (standard) and a few other goodies, even a horn, just wondering what didnt impress you

I looked at the NH first and just didn't seem to be worth the ballpark figure the salesman was quoting. Got a call today with a price of $20,898 with QA FEL,Ags loaded and shuttle. Thats $2000 more than the Massey. The Kioti was $17,000 or about the same as the Kubota.So I think it's between the Massey and the Kubota.
Anymore Massey owners out there. I'd like to hear from you.

Jeff

/ Kubota L3800 or Massey 1533 or ??? #10  
I looked at the NH first and just didn't seem to be worth the ballpark figure the salesman was quoting. Got a call today with a price of $20,898 with QA FEL,Ags loaded and shuttle. Thats $2000 more than the Massey. The Kioti was $17,000 or about the same as the Kubota.So I think it's between the Massey and the Kubota.
Anymore Massey owners out there. I'd like to hear from you.

Jeff

where are you located? we sale the Boomer 35 for $18,999