Kubota L3000DT or Kioti LK3054?

/ Kubota L3000DT or Kioti LK3054? #1  

RidgeHiker

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK5010 with KL5510 Loader & 72" Bucket. Kawasaki Mule Pro MX SE with 66" snow plow.
Both are very clean, parked inside, and original owners. The Kioti has somewhat lower hours. The Kubota is somewhat more expensive and a couple years newer. The Kubota is 32HP, the Kioti 30.5HP. The Kubota is about 2200 lbs, the Kioti 2900 lbs.
Any compelling reason to go with one or the other?

Last edited:
   / Kubota L3000DT or Kioti LK3054? #2  
I own the Kubota, my advice is for you to run them both, and compare how they operate? Jy

/ Kubota L3000DT or Kioti LK3054? #3  
I can't think of any compelling reason to jump one way or the other unless one is an HST and the other is geared as both are really good tractors. As johnny yuma advised, try them both and you will know which one is for you.

/ Kubota L3000DT or Kioti LK3054? #4  
I have all three major brands in my fleet of eight tractors. I like all of them, however, unless you have a sterile environment for storage, I would go with the Kubota, and here is the reason...the rats got into my JD eating the glow plug wiring, and on my NH they ate the circuit platform that was a $200 replacement. Just check for the electrical security on any future tractor purchase. The rest of my fleet are Kubotas that are protected from this issue. My oldest tractor is a '78 Kubota L295DT that has never had any issues mechanical, or varmants.

/ Kubota L3000DT or Kioti LK3054?
Thanks for your help - looks like we are going for the Kioti due to the price spread.

/ Kubota L3000DT or Kioti LK3054? #6  
Good luck in your choice, we don't have any Kioti dealers around. Four Kubota dealers within 75 miles of my home. Parts and advice are plentiful for it. Machmeter62-- pack rats killed my old chevy hunting truck too. They ate everybit of the wiring starting at the firewall and going to the headlights, Ha, no wonder it would not start this fall. Jy.

Thanks for your help. We drove about 8 hours round trip today and bought the Kioti! Now all we need to do is learn how to operate it - the fun begins!:laughing:

/ Kubota L3000DT or Kioti LK3054? #8  
Congrats. My only regret with the LK3054 was the tight floorboard. My feet were too big ;)

Congrats. My only regret with the LK3054 was the tight floorboard. My feet were too big ;)

I wear size 14 and occasionally 15's. Seems to be working so far, even with my 6'3" height.