Buying Advice NEW HOLLAND T1520 VS FORD OR KUBOTA

/ NEW HOLLAND T1520 VS FORD OR KUBOTA #1  

YANKEEDOWNUNDER

HI: I'm from Australia,therefore high prices. I am 74,Ford 2000 and unable to use it anymore. I can get a FORD 2120, 40HP(3,186hrs)1 owner no accessories for $16,000.00 or a KUBOTA L4200,45HP (1,400hrs) no accessories for $15,000.00 or a NEW HOLLAND T1520 (221hrs)with a Bucket and a 12Bar Compressor(whatever that is) and a carryall for $17,000.00
Also,tractor will be used primarily for slashing 2 miles of area 20foot wide along fences and 8 acres under power lines.
I have been warned that 1)New Hollands are no good as made in India,2)they do not have swinging arms and pins break,3)horsepower too small for my 4 foot slasher,40tires are 4ply,5)weight to low for bucket,and 6)linkage problems.These warnings came from the other seller so they may be suspect.

Please help me! Does anyone own one or have any advice for me.THANKS,Arnold

/ NEW HOLLAND T1520 VS FORD OR KUBOTA #2  
HI: I'm from Australia,therefore high prices. I am 74,Ford 2000 and unable to use it anymore. I can get a FORD 2120, 40HP(3,186hrs)1 owner no accessories for $16,000.00 or a KUBOTA L4200,45HP (1,400hrs) no accessories for $15,000.00 or a NEW HOLLAND T1520 (221hrs)with a Bucket and a 12Bar Compressor(whatever that is) and a carryall for $17,000.00
Also,tractor will be used primarily for slashing 2 miles of area 20foot wide along fences and 8 acres under power lines.
I have been warned that 1)New Hollands are no good as made in India,2)they do not have swinging arms and pins break,3)horsepower too small for my 4 foot slasher,40tires are 4ply,5)weight to low for bucket,and 6)linkage problems.These warnings came from the other seller so they may be suspect.

Please help me! Does anyone own one or have any advice for me.THANKS,Arnold

first of he T1520 is not made in India it is made in Japan, they do have swinging arms and drawbar, 35 horsepower is enough to run a 6 foot shredder/slasher, the tires are 8 ply tubeless, no probelms what so ever with any thing on theses tractors and they are a good heavy tractor. People are very surprised at what they can do for their size. this tractor has the same motor, transmission, and features Ford used 20 years ago. they are a proven tractor and system and give no issues

/ NEW HOLLAND T1520 VS FORD OR KUBOTA #3  
I don't know about anyone else, but given that all of these machines are close to the same price and the New Holland is going to the be the newest with WAY FEWER hours and comes with a loader. I think it is a no-brainer as to which tractor to buy as long as it seems as good in person as it does in description. If the hour meter is accurate, the New Holland couldn't be hurt too bad in 221 hours.

/ NEW HOLLAND T1520 VS FORD OR KUBOTA #5  
Maybe its just our luck, but our T1520 was sold to us, brand new, with a noise in the motor. At the the time they verbally guaranteed us a new motor if the noise did not clear up. It has now been to 2 dealers to be fixed under warranty, the problem has not been corrected, and now I have a new tractor with a rebulit motor that still sound ticky..... New Holland has been extremely difficult to deal with. We are as far as having sent letters to both the president of New Holland Agriculture and CNH Global. Still waiting for a response. Unfortunately, in the past I would have recommended the New Holland in a second, but now I would have to say the Kubota is the way to go.

/ NEW HOLLAND T1520 VS FORD OR KUBOTA #6  
Maybe its just our luck, but our T1520 was sold to us, brand new, with a noise in the motor. At the the time they verbally guaranteed us a new motor if the noise did not clear up. It has now been to 2 dealers to be fixed under warranty, the problem has not been corrected, and now I have a new tractor with a rebulit motor that still sound ticky..... New Holland has been extremely difficult to deal with. We are as far as having sent letters to both the president of New Holland Agriculture and CNH Global. Still waiting for a response. Unfortunately, in the past I would have recommended the New Holland in a second, but now I would have to say the Kubota is the way to go.

If you got guaranteed a new motor, that's what you should have got at the first place. I wouldn't have bought it in the first place myself.

/ NEW HOLLAND T1520 VS FORD OR KUBOTA #7  
I was very hesitant on buying it, yes, but I was raised that a man's handshake was his word. So with the verbal guarantee and the handshake, I felt pretty confident. It's a darn shame when things like this happen.... We are actually dealing with New Holland Corporation itself regarding the issue.

/ NEW HOLLAND T1520 VS FORD OR KUBOTA #8  
I was very hesitant on buying it, yes, but I was raised that a man's handshake was his word. So with the verbal guarantee and the handshake, I felt pretty confident. It's a darn shame when things like this happen.... We are actually dealing with New Holland Corporation itself regarding the issue.

from my experience, NH and CNH have always been easy to deal with. i know everyone has there own opinion, story, or situation, but they have never been a problem and always willing to help.

/ NEW HOLLAND T1520 VS FORD OR KUBOTA #9  
I would have thought so, too, considering their entire line. However, it has been an honest nightmare. If you have any names of anyone you would recommend I speak to, I would be glad to contact them. I am definitely not out to make trouble. I just want the tractor properly repaired and people to follow through on their word. I waited a long time to make this purchase and was always inclined towards New Holland. Just a very disappointing experience.... Thanks for your opinion.

/ NEW HOLLAND T1520 VS FORD OR KUBOTA #10  
I would have thought so, too, considering their entire line. However, it has been an honest nightmare. If you have any names of anyone you would recommend I speak to, I would be glad to contact them. I am definitely not out to make trouble. I just want the tractor properly repaired and people to follow through on their word. I waited a long time to make this purchase and was always inclined towards New Holland. Just a very disappointing experience.... Thanks for your opinion.

were are you located?