40-45 HP Kioti/Bobcat/NH decision

/ 40-45 HP Kioti/Bobcat/NH decision #11  
I don't know the pricing options but you may want to check out the New Holland Workmaster. The 45 and 55 have shuttles and are priced pretty competitively due to being made in India.

/ 40-45 HP Kioti/Bobcat/NH decision
I will check with the NH dealer tomorrow when I stop by to see if he has any of those. I tried out a shuttle Kioti, and after driving the HST, I thought I would never get the hang of a shuttle, but thanks for the input.

/ 40-45 HP Kioti/Bobcat/NH decision #13  
It is hard to beat the performance/value of the Kioti DK40se. Think hard about why you need more than 41hp (the DK45 has 44) and whether that money could be spent on another implement to help get work done faster. I've never wanted more than the 41hp my DK40se puts out and have no trouble spinning wheels in 4wd in low.

Regarding the Bobcat "last year's model", there really are no model years in tractors so that tractor is the same as this years except that it may have been sitting outside longer if it was assembled some time ago. Good way to pick up a bargain if the price is right.

/ 40-45 HP Kioti/Bobcat/NH decision #14  
ive sat here an read everything thats been posted an all are good prices.an all are good tractors.but for the prices quated you can get a MX4700 HST or a MX5100 HST 4x4 with fel for those prices.once again the cattlemen in me comes out.

/ 40-45 HP Kioti/Bobcat/NH decision #15  
I love my DK45S. Also they are supplying McCormick now. I believe Blue Chip pointed to this in another forumn.

/ 40-45 HP Kioti/Bobcat/NH decision #16  
Hmmm, i havnt been able to get onto Kioti's website for 2 days. anyone else having that problem??

/ 40-45 HP Kioti/Bobcat/NH decision #17  
I love my DK45s and look forward in doing battle with vegetation this spring when it finely comes. Currently 14 apple trees, 2 plums, 2 peach, 2 apricots, 8 different citrus and nut trees being added to our tree collection.

/ 40-45 HP Kioti/Bobcat/NH decision
Thank you all for your input on my big decision. I did visit the NH dealer this week, but after the test drive, I just didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling from the NH Boomer product. Now the decision was down to Kioti vs. Bobcat...

The Bobcat dealer either just didn't want my business badly enough or couldn't come down to the price of the Kioti, so yesterday morning, I wrote the big check for the DK40SE HST.:thumbsup: Getting the bucket modified w/ a 2" receiver, bucket hooks, and a front cutting edge. Also ordered a 65" Kioti tiller, a 72" Befco rotary cutter, and an 84" Befco heavy duty rear tilt/angle blade...total price was $25,250 not including tax. I expect delivery sometime next week. I am still contemplating ordering the Absolute Innovations TR3 rake for my 1/4 mile driveway. Anybody have any experience with this? TR3ョ Rake Arena Drag by ABI Equineョ >>> Best Selling Arena EquipmentI guess I'll have to come up with a special signature now with all of my tools after my name! Thanks again for all the help and input guys!

/ 40-45 HP Kioti/Bobcat/NH decision #19  
I bought my tractor in mid 2008.
I discovered early on that Deere was out of my price range.
I got down to comparing the Kubota L4400 and the Kioti DK45SE.
I wanted to like the Kubota more since the dealer was only about 5 miles from the farm and the Kioti dealer was 70+ miles up the interstate.
As others have indicated Kioti tractors are a lot of bang for the buck. Features that were extra on the Kubota were included on the Kioti. The lift capacity of the FEL is much better on the Kioti.
I went with the Kioti and it has been a good tractor holding up to some ham fisted operation while I learned to operate it. The only repairs in 3 years have been scheduled fluid/filter changes, adjusting the HST linkage to eliminate creep after a couple of hundred hours, a broken seat belt latch and a few broken implemet pins when I got in a little to big a hurry doing some task or other. I have done all the work at the farm without difficulty.

Jeff

We purchased a home and 50 acres (40 timber/10 open) in southeast Michigan in December, and I have been researching tractors and following threads since that time. I am going to be using the tractor to maintain my 1/4 mile private driveway, clearing brush, making trails in the timber for quad riding, grading around the house, mowing, and probably some other things I haven't thought of yet. Now is tractor decision time as spring is finally coming to Michigan.

I have test driven the Kioti DK45 - really liked it. This is the best price overall as well as on the attachments I would like to purchase (bush hog, tiller, rear blade). The price quoted on the DK40SE HST w/ loader was $20,100+tax , the DK45SE HST w/ loader was 21,300 + tax. Dealer is 30 miles away...seems old school, but very helpful, and willing to answer my questions. Spent nearly 2 hours with him. He didn't give me detailed quotes...just that figure.

I visited the Bobcat dealer and tested a CT235. This was the first tractor I drove, and since this time, I have decided that I need at least a 40 HP model. He doesn't currently have any larger tractors in stock, but several are on the way in the next couple of weeks. He offered me a deal on a leftover CT450 from last year at a different store in Michigan. He has been great answering my e-mails and has provided me several different detailed quotes. $21,400 for the CT 440; $22,700 for the CT445; $23,900 for the 2010 CT450; . These included loader, Bob-tach, and R4 tires. This dealer is 35 miles away in heavy traffic.

I am planning to test drive a NH Boomer 40 this week. The dealer e-mailed yesterday and said that NH has also come out w/ a free loader promotion just like Kioti and Bobcat. The price quoted 2 weeks ago was $24,250. Have not received the new quote yet or price on the attachments, however, using the "build and quote" feature on the NH website, it looks like they are significantly more expensive. The NH dealer is only 6 miles away, but I'm not sure the dealer proximity is worth a couple of thousand dollars.

I tested a Kubota 3940, but eliminated it from the running based on price.

From reading the other threads, it sounds like these are all good tractors, and I will likely be happy with whatever I end up buying. I just want to make sure I am getting a good value and share the prices I have so far. How much consideration should I give to the location of the dealer?...hopefully I won't have to visit them very often. What would you do if you were in my boots?:confused2: Thanks for reading.

/ 40-45 HP Kioti/Bobcat/NH decision #20  
, I wrote the big check for the DK40SE HST.:thumbsup:

I am still contemplating ordering the Absolute Innovations TR3 rake for my 1/4 mile driveway. Anybody have any experience with this? TR3ョ Rake Arena Drag by ABI Equineョ >>> Best Selling Arena EquipmentI guess I'll have to come up with a special signature now with all of my tools after my name! Thanks again for all the help and input guys!

Congratulations on the DK40se....best bang for the buck in tractordom!

I have never used the TR3 rake but I did look into them seriously. If I had a road or riding area to maintain I think I would go for it. Very well made and quite versatile. If you haven't spoken to one of their sales people directly I'd suggest you do as they are quite useful in helping figure out exactly what configuration would best meet your needs.

There are some other purpose build 3PT grader drags that you might look at too. I don't do road maintenance and don't recall the brand names but a search here on TBN will turn up a number of discussions.