40-45 HP Kioti/Bobcat/NH decision

/ 40-45 HP Kioti/Bobcat/NH decision #1  

b737drvr

We purchased a home and 50 acres (40 timber/10 open) in southeast Michigan in December, and I have been researching tractors and following threads since that time. I am going to be using the tractor to maintain my 1/4 mile private driveway, clearing brush, making trails in the timber for quad riding, grading around the house, mowing, and probably some other things I haven't thought of yet. Now is tractor decision time as spring is finally coming to Michigan.

I have test driven the Kioti DK45 - really liked it. This is the best price overall as well as on the attachments I would like to purchase (bush hog, tiller, rear blade). The price quoted on the DK40SE HST w/ loader was $20,100+tax , the DK45SE HST w/ loader was 21,300 + tax. Dealer is 30 miles away...seems old school, but very helpful, and willing to answer my questions. Spent nearly 2 hours with him. He didn't give me detailed quotes...just that figure.

I visited the Bobcat dealer and tested a CT235. This was the first tractor I drove, and since this time, I have decided that I need at least a 40 HP model. He doesn't currently have any larger tractors in stock, but several are on the way in the next couple of weeks. He offered me a deal on a leftover CT450 from last year at a different store in Michigan. He has been great answering my e-mails and has provided me several different detailed quotes. $21,400 for the CT 440; $22,700 for the CT445; $23,900 for the 2010 CT450; . These included loader, Bob-tach, and R4 tires. This dealer is 35 miles away in heavy traffic.

I am planning to test drive a NH Boomer 40 this week. The dealer e-mailed yesterday and said that NH has also come out w/ a free loader promotion just like Kioti and Bobcat. The price quoted 2 weeks ago was $24,250. Have not received the new quote yet or price on the attachments, however, using the "build and quote" feature on the NH website, it looks like they are significantly more expensive. The NH dealer is only 6 miles away, but I'm not sure the dealer proximity is worth a couple of thousand dollars.

I tested a Kubota 3940, but eliminated it from the running based on price.

From reading the other threads, it sounds like these are all good tractors, and I will likely be happy with whatever I end up buying. I just want to make sure I am getting a good value and share the prices I have so far. How much consideration should I give to the location of the dealer?...hopefully I won't have to visit them very often. What would you do if you were in my boots?:confused2: Thanks for reading.

/ 40-45 HP Kioti/Bobcat/NH decision #2  
The New Holland model is built by LS which is a good brand. However, it is questionable right now what New Holland's long range plans are in the compact business. They are not one of the leaders as they were in the past.

Kioti is a very good brand of tractor and is up and coming. They are making a big investment in new, better dealers as well. Bobcat is made by Kioti however how long will they continue is a big question mark. 30 miles for a Kioti dealer is nothing compared to some people who have bought from a dealer 3-4 hours away.

As far as best bang for the buck, I would recommend Kioti. More tractor weight, more lift capacity and more features such as telescoping draft links on the CK & DK's. In fact other companies seem to be following them in some ways.

I'm even going to replace my Deere w/ a Kioti in the near future. They are growing in my area.

/ 40-45 HP Kioti/Bobcat/NH decision #3  
I am in the same shoes as your self right now, I'm stuck between the kioti DK40se maybe the 45, and the kubota L4400. I have driven both and had price quotes both right between 20 and 21000. I am leaning towards the Kioti, like others have said the lift capacities and other options are very appealing.. good luck let me know what you choose.

/ 40-45 HP Kioti/Bobcat/NH decision
OK Mike. It is definitely a big decision...hoping to make a decision by the end of the week. I have been trying to access the KIOTI website today both on computer and on my phone...seems to be down. Anybody else having the same issue?

/ 40-45 HP Kioti/Bobcat/NH decision #5  
the main site is havine problems, but this one

KIOTI: The Power of ONE (but its a sales site...has basic specs only)

is working.

/ 40-45 HP Kioti/Bobcat/NH decision #6  
I just took delivery of a DK 45SE HST with loader, backhoe and an extra set of hydraulics. I traded in a CK20 HST because I hope to close on a piece of land about the same size as yours. I need a tractor for pretty much the same reasons. I almost bought a Deere, that green and yellow is tempting. When I outfitted the Deere the way the Kioti was set up the Deere was almost $15,000 more.

Bobcat and New Holland are both near by, but Kioti makes the BC and I think Kioti is also buying NH. Kubota is to far away, Kioti is down the street. This thing is a beast! I did some serious tree clearing today. The tractor and the backhoe kicked ***. Last year I rented a 30HP NH and blew the hydraulics in the first hour working in the same area.

So far I am happy.

Good luck with your choice.

/ 40-45 HP Kioti/Bobcat/NH decision #7  
I was going to get a dk-40 but found a used nh tc-40da at a price way to good to pass up. 3 months of research found th kioti/bobcat line the best bang for the buck new.

/ 40-45 HP Kioti/Bobcat/NH decision
Thanks...the more I read these forums and the more I get advice from guys like you, them more I am leaning towards Kioti...still gonna take the NH for a test drive on Tuesday, but I expect to be going back to the Kioti or Bobcat dealer by Wednesday or Thursday.

/ 40-45 HP Kioti/Bobcat/NH decision #9  
i now have 40 hours of use on my new Kioti dk45se hst......love it.

Popped some huge rocks out of my horse pasture that have been bugging me for years. My old JD tried, but failed to get them out. The Kioti popped them like they didn't exist. 1 flip, they were out of the ground.

/ 40-45 HP Kioti/Bobcat/NH decision #10  
Was leaning towards a L4400 but I recognised the quality and extra options offered by the Kioti DS4510HS, which also had a much lower price tag for the slasher/ loader package.

After 50 hrs of heavy work on 25 acres, I am confident I made the right decision.
Well built, plenty of power and very stable on steep country.