want R1's for my JD 4410

/ want R1's for my JD 4410 #1  

wango tango

Silver Member
any ideas where the best place is to get some R1's to replace my R4's? assuming i'll need new wheels too.

the 1/2 worn R4's just dont cut it on my farm.

are R1's more/less/same price as R4's?

i'm a bit overwhelmed at the info in the operators manual. not sure which size R1's are the 'best', and which set matches which (front/rear ration).

/ want R1's for my JD 4410 #2  
any ideas where the best place is to get some R1's to replace my R4's? assuming i'll need new wheels too.

the 1/2 worn R4's just dont cut it on my farm.

are R1's more/less/same price as R4's?

i'm a bit overwhelmed at the info in the operators manual. not sure which size R1's are the 'best', and which set matches which (front/rear ration).

yes you will have to buy all new rims to change from R4s to R1s.if your tractor is 4wd drive youll have to change the front rims as well.most tire places sell tractor tires.youll have to get the new rims from your tractor dealer.

/ want R1's for my JD 4410 #3  
You could order both the tires and the rims from Deere. The 3x20 series rims and tires should be an exact match with your 4410 and they have very "sharp" tread and will have excellent traction on your farm. :thumbsup: i would look around and get quotes as well, if Deere ends up being more then you can just get the rims and buy the tires separate.

/ want R1's for my JD 4410 #4  
yes you will have to buy all new rims to change from R4s to R1s.if your tractor is 4wd drive youll have to change the front rims as well.most tire places sell tractor tires.youll have to get the new rims from your tractor dealer.

Forgive my ignorance, I've never had anything but R1's.

Why new rims?

/ want R1's for my JD 4410 #5  
Because the rims are different for the two tires. The r4 rim is usually a one piece wheel.

/ want R1's for my JD 4410 #6  
R4 tires will typically use a wider rim. Since R1 tires are typically narrower since they are used in environments with row crops and what now they typically are narrower. The narrowness of the R1 will also put more weight on a smaller area on the ground which will improve traction plus the fact that they are designed to pull through dirt where R4 tires are more of a multi purpose tire where they are not only on dirt but pavement, gravel, and grass. They are wider for stability and reduced ground disturbance to be easy on the ground but still offer some traction which is why they are so popular. :)

/ want R1's for my JD 4410 #7  
1 more thing the R4 tires are wider than the R1s are.

/ want R1's for my JD 4410 #9  
Wango Tango might want to try replacing his worn R-4's with new ones and add chains if he still doesn't have adequate traction.
That would likely be a cheaper option then replacement rims and tires since he'd need to replace all four corners.

As a side note, I did see a set of R-1's and rims on Craigslist a few weeks ago. IIRC, they were in Illinois. I saw the ad during a search (on Search Tempest) for "Deere 4400" and "Deere 4300".