my [final]pick

/ my [final]pick #1  

BWS

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota l3830 hst/723 fel
after 2 months of test driving green/blue/orange ive narrowed it down to a kubota 3830 hst/4x4/folding rops/723 fel/reversable cutting edge/72" h.d.bucket.sure liked the deere 4600/4610 but it was just too much$$[at least at these dealers in this area]and i know kubota loaders/hst are great so i,m going orange.question should i have a rear remote installed at the dealer?? i am going to add a backhoe soon and am not sure how this will be plumbed.the backhoe will be plumbed to the tractor but does the rear remote h/u to the hoe?from what i understand frame mount is the way to go but i have heard that some have funky/protuding mounts.basicly i need some recomendations on hoes too.some guys have said to get the quick disconect on the bucket but i weld so i think i can fab some rails off the bucket.has anyone fabbed these??the remotes and quick attach bucket are the last two things i need to know about today.[cause i,m coughing up the dough finally]bws

/ my [final]pick #2  
Re: my pick

Most backhoes are plumbed using "power beyond" basically a supply & return line at the rear of the tractor, with NO valve to control it (always on). The valves are on the backhoe itself.

A rear remote consists of two lines controlled by a valve. Usefull for something requiring a single cylinder (log splitter hyd top link etc.)

/ my [final]pick #3  

Hasmat is correct. You will want to use something mounted on the rear 3 piont with Hydraulic controles so add the rear exterior units. You will find a 1000 uses for it over the ownership live of your tractor.

/ my [final]pick

should i have the dealer install a rear remote at the time of purchase??[for log splitter ect}or can this be done later by myself at home??it would be dificult to get the tractor into the dealer again.

/ my [final]pick

ps [1] s/b enough???

/ my [final]pick #6  

I have a single remote pair on my L3010 used to control the TNT on my rear blade and to power my Woods 7500 backhoe. It provides more than enough power for both. I sometimes find myself wishing I had had two remotes installed, however; so I could have hydraulic tilt and angle on the rear blade.

Pete

/ my [final]pick #7  

For sure on your new rig, they will never be more reasonable. And you wil use more than you ever thought you would. I use mine mainly to run a hyd winch I have in my loader.

/ my [final]pick

thanks.

/ my [final]pick #10  
Hey BWS, If you're planning on getting a hoe soon, why not buy it with the tractor. It might save you a few bucks, as a packaged deal. Also, and I don't know if you plan on financing through Kubota, the interest on the tractor and hoe will most likely be cheaper than a hoe later. Just some thoughts

Billy