Buying Advice Just got new Farmall 45

/ Just got new Farmall 45 #1  

george9901

I just purchased a new Farmall 45 with loader. The dealer did not have a 4WD model on the lot, but would get me one. The 2WD model I looked at had 1.3 hrs. When my new tractor was delivered Friday I discovered it had over 12 hours on the meter. In our discussion nothing was said about a demo or program tractor. When I asked the dealer, he said it came from another dealer and he honestly did not check the hours. I am not happy especially when I though I was getting a new tractor just like the 2WD I looked at. What are my rights? Is 12 hours considered new?:confused:

/ Just got new Farmall 45 #2  
I just purchased a new Farmall 45 with loader. The dealer did not have a 4WD model on the lot, but would get me one. The 2WD model I looked at had 1.3 hrs. When my new tractor was delivered Friday I discovered it had over 12 hours on the meter. In our discussion nothing was said about a demo or program tractor. When I asked the dealer, he said it came from another dealer and he honestly did not check the hours. I am not happy especially when I though I was getting a new tractor just like the 2WD I looked at. What are my rights? Is 12 hours considered new?:confused:

My farmall 40 had 15 hrs on it when I got it. But I also got a better price because of it.

/ Just got new Farmall 45 #3  
you know those hours could very well be demo hours.i wouldnt worry about it as long as everything works the way it should.

/ Just got new Farmall 45 #4  
From working at the manufacturing plant where it was assembled, I can tell you these hours could have been due to extensive repair after it was assembled. We would drive them in and out frequently to fix and repair them before they were ok to ship.Those models come from India and are notorious for poor initial quality before we could ship them, plus the dealers more than likely drove it a bit.

/ Just got new Farmall 45 #5  
I agree with Bigbull - low hours.

So where are the pictures?

Cab?

Hydraulic circuits, grapple, other implements??

/ Just got new Farmall 45 #6  
I misunderstood the original post. I though u purchased a 2wd, which more than likely would have been a India unit. If you have a cab, it was assembled at the Dublin facility. The cabs for models up to this year were built by MClaughlin body company in Rock Island IL. The tractor is a Shibura which comes from Japan but was assembled in Dublin, GA, and the loader was built at the New holland plant in Canada. Now any unit built after this year will come from South Korea which is a cheap tractor built by LS, if you get a CVT trans it will come from Mexico, which will be a cabover, and if you buy a TT series of any kind or Farmall 75hp and under it will come from India. Hence my recent job loss due to outsourcing.Gotta love America, lets give our jobs to other countries so we can be out of work and not buy the products they are importing.

/ Just got new Farmall 45 #7  

even if the tractor came in from the factor with 1 hour, like at our dealership, moving them aroudn the yard a few times, putting a loader on them, washing them, maybe a parade or show, the hours add up quick. i wouldnt worry about it as long as it looks new, works, and has no issues. Also, with Case and New Holland they consider a tractor new until 50 hours as far as that goes unless it is a lease, rental return, etc. after 50 hours then they will staart giving pretty good discounts towards the tractor and you can still finance it as new then too. so coudl be a good deal sometimes.