Which tractor gives the best ride?

/ Which tractor gives the best ride?
Filled tires seem to ride rougher and wobble more to me.

/ Which tractor gives the best ride? #12  
<font color=blue>Filled tires seem to ride rougher and wobble more to me.</font color=blue>

Agreed, fluid is incompressible (thats the principal behind our tractor's hydraulic systems) Air compresses. When you fill your tires, you get 75% less air, plus the air stays at the top of the tire, thus the system has less give.

Now, how do you fit a lazy boy on a tractor?

/ Which tractor gives the best ride? #13  
You may be right that filled tires will ride rougher; I really can't say for sure, but I guess it depends to some extent what they're filled with and how full they are. I put water and antifreeze, to the 75% level, in the rear tires on my B2710 after I'd had it awhile and couldn't personally swear there was a bit of difference in the ride. If there was any difference, it was so minor that I would never have noticed it.

/ Which tractor gives the best ride? #14  
<font color=blue>Now, how do you fit a lazy boy on a tractor<font color=blue><font color=black>..thats easy..keep the tractor diesel up and the coffee coming..and I'll be happy. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

So, in this instance, would wheel weights be preferred over filled tires to give a more stabil, smoother ride? Or would wheel weghts not make a noticable difference?

Yeah wheel weights would give you more weight/stability and supposedly a bit smoother ride.

"How do you fit a Lazy Boy on a tractor?"
Just put me on it :)

/ Which tractor gives the best ride? #17  
No calcium or they all must have, ag or turf are about equal on soil, on pavement turf. Roughest ride is Industrial due to there load capacity which is well more than a compact tractor will ever weigh. The larger the diameter the longer the foot print so of coarse they would ride smoother.

/ Which tractor gives the best ride? #18  
Just get a tractor with an adjustable seat, like the Boomer D models, and the ride will be great...well, not great, but better. I was almost embarrassed that my TC25D had an adjustable seat, but after a year of ownership, I am glad I have it.

/ Which tractor gives the best ride? #19  
I widened out mine to do some hillside mowing and it was so much smoother that I have left them out. As far as seats, I haven't owned a tractor yet that the seat frame didn't crack or fall apart after a few years. Any more I just weld it up solid. At 240 the seat was always bottomed out anyway and with it welded up there isn't that sudden stop at the bottom when it bounced.

/ Which tractor gives the best ride? #20  
I think it would be better if you figure out what size tractor you need first. Then go from there.

Billy