Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The Fabulous Foothills of Northern California

Default Re: Which tractor gives the best ride?

Most of the tractors have adjustable seats. My L48 adjusts for weight of the operator, recline and leg length. The new Kubotas also come with arm rests which I find for myself get rarely used.

Billy P:

A small frame CUT (18 to 24hp) would fill 95% of my needs, however I feel more comfortable with the seating arrangement on the mid size CUT's (27-33hp). So the question is...Is it necessary to spend the extra dollars for the larger tractor just to get a more open operator platform and air ride seating and a potential better ride? .....TC29/33 has a nice fit.... (admittedly the extra HP would be nice but comes with a price)

My tractor gives me the best ride.

Tractor
    JD 4610 ehydro MFWD

If you need that 27-33hp for the other 5%, I'd go for it. If you're like most of us, you'll be paying it out anyway. The bigger price for a bigger tractor won't raise your payments by much. Like someone said "you never hear anyone complaining about having too much HP". Good luck in your decision.

Billy

Tractor
    New Holland TC33D

Necessary? NO. Nice to have? YES. Park a TC18-24 right next to a TC29-33. Look at the thickness of the frame. Give the ROPS a push...does the tractor feel solid? Step up on the tractor...do the controls fit you? Take them each for a spin...how does each feel? What's the difference in price? In my case the TC33D was $2700 more than the TC24D. Did I see $2700 more tractor in the 33hp? I saw a difference, and to me the TC33D looked like a bargain. The TC24 or even the 18 would have done everything that I needed to have done around here, it would have just taken longer to do the same job.

Leg room is what I need!

Why dont you go to Monster Garage and have them make you a cadillac with 3 pt hitch, PTO ETC.

Tractor
    all makes and models

Some other notes on smooth ride, the closer you sit to the mid position the smoother the ride. The longer the wheel base, the better for ride.

Grub,

I'm placing my order:

1. A "HUMMER" also known as a "Humvee". Have it stre......tched into a LIMOSINE......now let's add the monster 3PT HITCH with the sub frame mounted BACKHOE with disappearing stabilizing arms and lets not forget the super hydraulic self leveling FRONT END LOADER.[img]/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif[/img]

Larger wheels....smoother ride
    Lots of weight....better ride
    Str......etch lots of leg room
    Seating....comfortable shock absorbing
    Wide and long wheel base

And now, here's the link to the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/monstergarage/monstergarage.html>Monster Garage</A>[img]/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

Nah, what you really need is a . They are big, powerful, and can be fitted with a 3pt hitch from the factory on both <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.unimogs-acprice.co.uk/P1010073a.jpg>the front and the rear.

We like to call them HRVs; Hummer Recovery Vehicles [img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast