Bad Boy Mowers

/ Bad Boy Mowers #11  
Hello Piperflyer,
I have one a 26 hp 48" cut zt. I have had problems but still think its a little beaut.
After 4 hrs a weld on r/h side lift let go. The agent 500ks away paid for a engineering shop to weld it up.

Later the other side let go, so I got a local farmer to weld it up.
Then the first one let go again, so I fitted a new shaft with reinforced arms and fixed with roll pins, no problems since. There is no provision to bush these shafts when they wear as they are welded to the frame so greasing is important. They use silly knock in grease nipples that point at the cutting deck with little room (and they fall out) so I replaced them also.
My deck is actually 3/16" not 1/4" but still the best deck I've seen.

They were better value ( to my thinking ) by a country mile than anything else I could find.

The addional H.P. will never go astray.

Hope this helps.

Regards Vince.

I thought BB is Orange... yours looks different than mine. Even the the lift on your pics. Maybe an older model? :confused3:

/ Bad Boy Mowers #13  
Hello Folk, Yes mine is a 4800 mz and its only about a year old.

I think I spoke too soon, was just mowing and noticed it wasn't cutting evenly.
I had a look underneath and there is a plate (about .125" thick joining both hydrostatic drives together and it is cracked/broken at the bolt holes.

I thought no problem I could even fashion one of those up with plate. (cold)

I then noticed where the left hand hydrostatic drive fastens to the chassis that the lug on the chassis is also broken so I reckon I'll have to pull the drive out completely to weld it up. I might even have to upturn the whole thing , if so the motor will have to come off.

Yes our block has some bumps and I probally hit them a lot faster than I used to on the murray's.

Regards Vince Smith.

/ Bad Boy Mowers #14  
Hello Folk, I'll try and attach a pic. This will not be easy to get to.

Regards Vince Smith.

Attachments

• bad boy hyd mount crack.jpg
    bad boy hyd mount crack.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,499
   / Bad Boy Mowers #15  
Looks lik metal fatigue. At the risk of making it so strong that it breaks the aluminum attachment point, I would make that strip about double thick with maybe even putting a stiff back on the back side. It looks like it may be flexing side to side. A stiffener on the side will take care of that. If you have to remove it or upside down it, I would modify the opposite side at the same time and maybe look for other weak attachment point that need beefing up a bit especially since you say it is very rough in your block.

/ Bad Boy Mowers #16  
Hello Gary, Yes I reckon metal fatigue, although its not very obvious (in the photo) the bottom end of the flap that has been folded could have been welded to make it super solid. I happen to be travelling the 500 + k to the dealers town this weekend and will takl to them but I've been thinking if I'm to do this myself I might try an angle iron mount bolted to both planes rather than upend everything etc.

Regards Vince Smith.