Bad Boy Mowers

/ Bad Boy Mowers #1  

Piperflyer

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota3030HST
Anyone own or heard anything about these mowers. Looks like a good mower.

/ Bad Boy Mowers #2  
Not a super quality mower, several dealers have had and dropped due to reliability and warranty issues. Stay away from brands that are real "flashy"
such as them and Dixie.

/ Bad Boy Mowers #3  
It's becoming pretty common knowledge BB is offering the most bang for the buck in the ztr market. They are a good mower along with a half dozen plus other manufactures. I don't think anyone offers the 1/4" deck like the BB and the swing open design is nice when doing servicing. They have also been expanding facilities to keep up with demand in their Ark plant.
Not to sound like a commercial for BB, but I own one and have been happy with it. Everything I read looks good but for some reason there are some people who really rail on BB. People need to realize there are many good mower brands out there, not just the one they have.

/ Bad Boy Mowers #4  
Tune into RFDTV they hooked up with Badboys and have a 30 minute infomercial about the owners and the plant. Even the the hot little marketing girl. THey are offering a deal with RFD. They do explain why the mower is built the way it is.

/ Bad Boy Mowers #5  
Not a super quality mower, several dealers have had and dropped due to reliability and warranty issues. Stay away from brands that are real "flashy"
such as them and Dixie.

Just curious are you the owner of one? Well I am , and where do you get that its not a super quality mower?..Ive had mine for 3 years with 0 issues to speak of...mow around 3 acres weekly during the growing season with no problems...Built like a tank, and glad for the heavy duty deck since my yard is not exactly golf course quality..I would try to buy one from a dealer and not from tsc if possible, I think that you would get better service for repairs if needed from a dealer..

/ Bad Boy Mowers #6  
Hello Piperflyer,
I have one a 26 hp 48" cut zt. I have had problems but still think its a little beaut.
After 4 hrs a weld on r/h side lift let go. The agent 500ks away paid for a engineering shop to weld it up.

Later the other side let go, so I got a local farmer to weld it up.
Then the first one let go again, so I fitted a new shaft with reinforced arms and fixed with roll pins, no problems since. There is no provision to bush these shafts when they wear as they are welded to the frame so greasing is important. They use silly knock in grease nipples that point at the cutting deck with little room (and they fall out) so I replaced them also.
My deck is actually 3/16" not 1/4" but still the best deck I've seen.

They were better value ( to my thinking ) by a country mile than anything else I could find.

The addional H.P. will never go astray.

Hope this helps.

Regards Vince.

Attachments

• showing crack no 2.jpg
    showing crack no 2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 4,574
   / Bad Boy Mowers #7  
In the commercial mower category, Dixie Chopper, Skag , Exmark, Grasshopper and Bad Boy are among the top rated mowers. I just cant justify paying the $8-12K for one even if they do say the life span is 25 years for a properly maintained one. I looks like from all the ads selling them that the commercial guys try to put them up for sale at about 500-600 hours for about 1500 - 2500 off the original price. I guess I will stick to the box store ones that will last me over 5 years for 1/4 the price

/ Bad Boy Mowers #8  
I bought their 61" Outlaw with a 31 HP Kawasaki engine last summer. So far, so good.

In doing my comparison shopping, I thought I was getting more bang for my buck by going with Bad Boy.

Steve

/ Bad Boy Mowers #9  
I have one I just purchased in the last few weeks only things i noticed are it needs the choke pulled out to be started everytime and the engine needs to be at full rpm when engaging the blades or it will stall out. Mine is the 26hp Liquid cooled Kawi Lightning 52" deck. I seen alot of the commerical guys using them around here...

/ Bad Boy Mowers #10  
I have the 60" Lightning with Kawasaki Eng. and very please with it. This is my 3rd year of owning it. I did compare it to others that I can really ride while testing and came home with it after I test road it... I really like it that I made it as my avatar :thumbsup:.