Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota3030HST

Default Bad Boy Mowers

Anyone own or heard anything about these mowers. Looks like a good mower.
    'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a
    well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy S... What a Ride!!

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30, JD X475. HPX Gator, Woodmizer LT10

Default Re: Bad Boy Mowers

Not a super quality mower, several dealers have had and dropped due to reliability and warranty issues. Stay away from brands that are real "flashy"
    such as them and Dixie.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3510 / Bad Boy 28hp cat diesel

It's becoming pretty common knowledge BB is offering the most bang for the buck in the ztr market. They are a good mower along with a half dozen plus other manufactures. I don't think anyone offers the 1/4" deck like the BB and the swing open design is nice when doing servicing. They have also been expanding facilities to keep up with demand in their Ark plant.
    Not to sound like a commercial for BB, but I own one and have been happy with it. Everything I read looks good but for some reason there are some people who really rail on BB. People need to realize there are many good mower brands out there, not just the one they have.

Gold Member

Tune into RFDTV they hooked up with Badboys and have a 30 minute infomercial about the owners and the plant. Even the the hot little marketing girl. THey are offering a deal with RFD. They do explain why the mower is built the way it is.
    DX35, MF65. Attachments= all of them.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    1532 hydro

Quote Originally Posted by TractorTidy View Post
    Not a super quality mower, several dealers have had and dropped due to reliability and warranty issues. Stay away from brands that are real "flashy"
    such as them and Dixie.
    Just curious are you the owner of one? Well I am , and where do you get that its not a super quality mower?..Ive had mine for 3 years with 0 issues to speak of...mow around 3 acres weekly during the growing season with no problems...Built like a tank, and glad for the heavy duty deck since my yard is not exactly golf course quality..I would try to buy one from a dealer and not from tsc if possible, I think that you would get better service for repairs if needed from a dealer..

On a bush block west of Ingham Nth Queensland Australia.
    Tractor
    murray,s x2 Badboyx1, mf65 tractor

Hello Piperflyer,
    I have one a 26 hp 48" cut zt. I have had problems but still think its a little beaut.
    After 4 hrs a weld on r/h side lift let go. The agent 500ks away paid for a engineering shop to weld it up.

Later the other side let go, so I got a local farmer to weld it up.
    Then the first one let go again, so I fitted a new shaft with reinforced arms and fixed with roll pins, no problems since. There is no provision to bush these shafts when they wear as they are welded to the frame so greasing is important. They use silly knock in grease nipples that point at the cutting deck with little room (and they fall out) so I replaced them also.
    My deck is actually 3/16" not 1/4" but still the best deck I've seen.

They were better value ( to my thinking ) by a country mile than anything else I could find.

The addional H.P. will never go astray.

Hope this helps.

Regards Vince.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -showing-crack-no-2-jpg  

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

In the commercial mower category, Dixie Chopper, Skag , Exmark, Grasshopper and Bad Boy are among the top rated mowers. I just cant justify paying the $8-12K for one even if they do say the life span is 25 years for a properly maintained one. I looks like from all the ads selling them that the commercial guys try to put them up for sale at about 500-600 hours for about 1500 - 2500 off the original price. I guess I will stick to the box store ones that will last me over 5 years for 1/4 the price
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    NH TN 55, Kubota B2320 & RTV 900, Bad Boy Outlaw 61" ZTR

I bought their 61" Outlaw with a 31 HP Kawasaki engine last summer. So far, so good.

In doing my comparison shopping, I thought I was getting more bang for my buck by going with Bad Boy.

Steve

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat

I have one I just purchased in the last few weeks only things i noticed are it needs the choke pulled out to be started everytime and the engine needs to be at full rpm when engaging the blades or it will stall out. Mine is the 26hp Liquid cooled Kawi Lightning 52" deck. I seen alot of the commerical guys using them around here...

Tractor
    CT235

I have the 60" Lightning with Kawasaki Eng. and very please with it. This is my 3rd year of owning it. I did compare it to others that I can really ride while testing and came home with it after I test road it... I really like it that I made it as my avatar .
    2010 CT235 with Bobtach, Rear Remotes, FEL, Kioti 60" Boxblade, 36" Fork, Snow-Sport Snow Plow, Wally BX42 Chipper, Land Pride LR 1584, Land Pride RB 1584, Gator 48" Grapple, HTL, Woods BH7500, HF 3PT Hitch Quick Attach, HF 3PT Hitch (Modified to work with BobTach in Front)
    CT 235 traded for CT 440 with free 72" snow blower...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast