Price Check Tractor Loader Backhoe price?

/ Tractor Loader Backhoe price? #1  

70boss

Bronze Member
Tractor
Had a B7500
I am looking at a small Tractor Loader, backhoe. I have seen a couple small Kubota's and Yanmar's for sale, in the 15-20HP range. What is a reasonble price for say, a 15HP compact 4wd TLB. Not a new one...I am familiar with the BX22, but more on the lines of a older 80's B7100, or Yanmar 1500.
Is 5500 out of line for a well maintained machine?

/ Tractor Loader Backhoe price? #2  
I just saw in a local for sale magazine a Bradco 511 for 3500.00 Would have to pay shipping and buy yourself a frame for mounting. I have a new Mahindra 4110 model with a Bradco 511 hoe. The hoe is big, strong and awesome to say the least. It won't match the JD 710 that I run weekly, but for a CUT it does a decent job. My only complaint is, it is slow because of small hydraulic system. In fact, the dealer completed the 50 hour service and is looking into ways to improve pump capacity right now. I have no problems reccomending the Mahindra or Bradco hoe products to anyone. I did try a new Woods groundbreaker 9000 on a TC40 something New Holland. I was not impressed by the Woods and still think Woods aren't strong enough build wise. The 9000 can 't do perc tests either which was the biggest consideration I had. Have to dig 10' minimum for a perc. I didn't think digging two additional holes to sink tractor enough for a 10 ft hole was reasonable. Particularly when people want these perc's done quick like. THe Mahindra/Bradco setup can do it, only have to get some more oil/pressure to speed it up a litlle.

/ Tractor Loader Backhoe price? #3  
<font color=blue>Is 5500 out of line for a well maintained machine? </font color=blue>

If that includes the tractor, loader and backhoe, I would say that is a very good price if, like you said, the machine is well maintained.

/ Tractor Loader Backhoe price? #4  
Lamarbur, I am the new owner of a Mahindra 4110 W/ 509 backhoe. My dealer did not have a 511 in stock and it would have been a wait. I decided not to wait and took the 509 as dealer said the 511 is alot of hoe. I only would have had to pay $300 more for the 511. My impatience cost me a hoe with more reach that I have already needed. But even with a FEL the 509 reach easily tips my unit. My tires are not filled though. When digging full force at length, how is your tactor doing?

/ Tractor Loader Backhoe price? #5  
Are u putting the stabilizers down and lifting
the rear tires off the ground?
Unless digging stumps or tough conditions
when using the hoe the tractor just sets
there and provides hydro power for hoe.
Tell us more about your trouble.

/ Tractor Loader Backhoe price? #6  
Digging 10' w/ 9000 isn't that hard,
dump your front bucket and lift the front
end of tractor off ground 2' and that will drop
the hoe end down.
Maybe I can give some of the extra flow
from my SSL because w/ the 9000 on my Deere
SSL I have to run just above idle or it is flying.
What about a PTO pump and seperate tank on
your tractor, this way u can set it up to dig
as fast as u want.
BTW I really like my 710 x-hoe, hard to beat.

/ Tractor Loader Backhoe price? #7  
I can't answer why your machine would feel tippy at full reach. I haven't seen that problem. I have 19 hours of hoe digging with this 511. It does the job asked of it with no problem, to include pulling some serious boulders out of the ground. It's reach fully extended to tip of bucket teeth is around 14 feet. I would like, and the dealer right now is checking into, speeding the system up. I find the hydraulics very slow and need quite a bit more on the GPH side of the equation. Only real problem I had is extremely slow dumping curl with FEL. The dealer has addressed this by drilling out the restrictor plate from 18 to 35 thousands.Dealer did this with Mahindra/Kansas Machine works input. It's been so cold, they feel the oil couldn't move through the restrictor plate. Machine hasn't returned yet, dealer told me from 25 seconds to between 4.5 and 8 depending on RPM. Just dumping curl, other three movements were OK. As far as the 4110 it's self, I can't speak highly enough for Mahindra. No problems not even loose bolts. There are several options being discussed between the dealer/Mahindra/Bradco and I am not sure yet which option Mahindra will choose as far as picking up GPM to hoe. I do not have the tires filled and have no need for filled tires. I'll be using the hoe a lot come spring to complete perc test and other backyard requests.

/ Tractor Loader Backhoe price? #8  
Yes, you can put pressure on the FEL and force a deeper digging. The way my luck goes, ( you have to remember the vast majority of these perc tests are for replacement systems) as people can't pass title V tests. With my luck, putting the FEL down pressure or digging holes to back into, I then ruin Mrs. Murphy's prize winning tulip patch. Again, the majority of these are on properties that are senior in growth, trees, flower gardens, inground pools, etc.. Rare to get new construction percs, which then it wouldn't matter. These people are cutting it so close and in some instances have to wait for board of appeals and health dep't to allow another system. Supposedly, the Pilgrims landed here first and therefore, there isn't much open space that is buildable. Not like out your way. THe other thing is, I tried the 9000 groundbreaker hanging on a TC 40 or 45 and still do not like the looks or feel of the Woods. As far as the JD 710 X, working with fourth 710 and must be near 10,000 hours by now in last 20 yrs. I like the 710 other than newest style which lost some lifting power due to placement of pistons. We had for one year, a farm outside of Ironton Ohio. Came back to Massachusetts and recently moves 100 feet over Mass line and into northern CT.