tight budget

/ tight budget #1  

Anonymous Poster

i need some input from owners of a few utility models. i am looking at some basic models due to tight budget restraints and wondering how you like them. i am looking at the long farmtrac 45/60, long landtrac 450, massey231s, mahindra 4500/5500. i am at a 12,000-13,000 price range limit in order to keep my payments down to a manageable amount. any replies pro and con to expirience with these models would be very welcome.

/ tight budget #2  
Perhaps you can spell out what your intended uses are so the right tractors are selected to begin with, then you can choose among price...

Sometimes you imposing a "narrow" dollar range will severely limit your choices on something you'll have for many years down the road... a slight difference of even $500-$1000. more, when spread out over say 20 years of ownership is nothing, especially when it gets you items such as independent PTO, shuttle shift or hydro, more usable HP, more hydraulic HP, today's ergonomics, etc...

...and if worse comes to worse... you can either finance a higher priced unit for a longer period of time or hold off on your purchase until you can save a larger down payment...

This way... you're more apt to get exactly what you need and want and never second guess yourself later on...

/ tight budget #3  
John Deere has a new economical utility series.

/ tight budget
my uses are bush hogging, garden disking, rear scoop/dumppan and hopefully a tiller and some remote operated impliments in the future. i really liked the kubotas and deere 5000 series tractors but i cant afford a large monthly payment. the deere 5105 i tried fit me best of all and i liked the set up of controls on it. alot of people are buying new machines for 20,000 plus in here and think nothing of it, wish i was so well off. anyways i think a simple machine might be easier to maintain or am i wrong?

/ tight budget #5  
<font color=blue>alot of people are buying new machines for 20,000 plus in here and think nothing of it, wish i was so well off.</font color=blue>

I would suspect that most all of the folks here a TBN were / are, where you are now, and many of them have probably worked there way up to there $20,000 + machines over time and years. I am also posative, that not 1 of them. did it with "thinking nothing of it".
Most everybody here probably did a lot of research before their purchase, including the "How am I going to pay for this" research. Spending $20,000 + or even 1/2 that, requires serious thought, and for some guys, some serious begging & groveling to the wife. /w3tcompact/icons/love.gif
Although owning a machine was something I had thought about a time or 3. I had no plans whatsoever to buy a tractor it just kinda happened. I was there, the tractor was there (used) and the [censored] finance company had the audacity to say yes.
(thankyou John Deere credit/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif) I just had to rationalize the purchase and figure out if I could afford it. The sale price was fair, the payment was managable, so I signed. This all took about 24 hours.
My plan was / is to pay it off and sell / trade it in for what I would have like, to have bought, if I had been planning on buying one and could have afforded it.
Anyway, I am dragging your post way off track.
My thought is. Have you given any thought finding a good used machine? Buying used got me into a wonderful older tractor (1988) for very fair money ($11,500) with payments of well under $300 a month I don't know how much used equipment is available in your area but it might be worth a look.

It takes more then one lick, to get to center of the Tootsie Pop /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ tight budget #6  
I can rember a time when we had a $1500. sears garden tractor and a $500. car in the yard. The tractor was more important to me.

Egon

/ tight budget #7  
My experience is that the Deere financing is aggressive enought that even with a higher price, the payments were as low as a long or kioti

/ tight budget #8  
we have a long dealer right up in town(3.5) i looked long and hard at them, was just something about them that i did not like(mabey cause i had never heard much about them) i can definetly understand the price constraint u are dealing with. but remember, sometimes cheaper is not cheaper in the long run.

/ tight budget #9  
<font color=blue>I can rember a time when we had a $1500. sears garden tractor and a $500. car in the yard.</font color=blue>

Uh, Egon.... I still do (only its a $600.00 Simplicity and a $1500.00 truck)/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ tight budget #10  
The new series from JD is 5x03. I priced the 5303. With two remotes, cold weather package, and adjustable links it was $14,700. The 5103 is quite a bit cheaper. The loader for this tractor was $3050.