Comparison Round Balers

/ Round Balers #11  
We use a Sitrex Y rake and have it set to give us a windrow the width of the intake on the roller. We have not had to weave in years. The monitor tells us when the chamber is full. In good heavy spring hay we can kick out a 5 X 5 bale every 90 seconds including tying time. Ken Sweet

/ Round Balers
a person with little or no experience with a round baler will defiently do best with an auto wrap system. Believe me, been there done that. with an auto wrap all you do is drive, when the buzzer goes off that your bale is full, you stop the tractor and the baler automatically ties the bale and then you open the tail gate to let the bale out, close the tail gate and off you go again. doesnt get any easier than that

Easy always seems to come with a healthy price tag:)

/ Round Balers
Posting from my phone so hope it works. Would like to do 5x5 bales

/ Round Balers #15  
a 5 by 5 is a nice size bale.i dont know if youve priced the baler or not.last nite i turned down a 4yr old round baler cutter an rake for $26,000.they didnt say how old the cutter an rake was.if i hadnt just bought a new tractor id prolly tryed to buy that equipment.

/ Round Balers #16  
hi i have been round baleing for several years more then i care to admit, since your just starting i think you will find,that a belt baler with electric tie will do just fine for you. you can get whatever you want you are the man buying ,but you wont like the manual tie and you will pay for the auto wrap. the electric tie work very well i had one made by vermeer worked great no problems and i baled several hundred bales a year for horses and cattle. hope this helps you

/ Round Balers #17  
Posting from my phone so hope it works. Would like to do 5x5 bales

you can get a brand new New Holland Br7080 auto wrap, twine tie only, 5x5 bale size and can adjust the weight of the bale and bale size for $22,900

/ Round Balers
The baler I'm looking at is a New holland 849 with new chains and an electric tie. Everyone is saying the chain baler is more forgiving for a novice such as myself. Do they make an older "auto wrap" baler? If I understand what everyone is saying regarding the auto wrap is there isn't any weaving to feed the baler. Right? Also, I really appreciate everyone's comments because they're very helpful. THANKS!

/ Round Balers #19  
The baler I'm looking at is a New holland 849 with new chains and an electric tie. Everyone is saying the chain baler is more forgiving for a novice such as myself. Do they make an older "auto wrap" baler? If I understand what everyone is saying regarding the auto wrap is there isn't any weaving to feed the baler. Right? Also, I really appreciate everyone's comments because they're very helpful. THANKS!

chains, were nice back in the day. there is more maintence with them, and the bales arent quit as nice looking and dense as with a belt baler. and yes Check out a NH 678 which is a 5x5 auto wrap made in the late 90's to 2002 or a 688 which is a 5x6 but you can adjust your size and weight if you want a true 5x5. you can find good used balers of these models from $6 to $10 give or take