Comparison Round Balers

/ Round Balers #21  
Keep in mind that with Hydraulic tie, you will need 4 lines out the back of your tractor. If you are younger, manual tie is simple and fine. When you get older, that reaching back to crank the manual handle gets a little tiresome. We always keep several nice field ready hay rollers at our Munfordville, Ky store, Call Greg or Brandon and see what they have at 270-524-0385. You might work a trade with them on the square baler?? Ken Sweet
Doesnt it justwrap the bale with twine and not actually tie it? :confused:
Thanks,
larry

/ Round Balers
I only have one set of remotes off the rear. To be able to operate an auto wrap baler would I need more than one set?

/ Round Balers #23  
No i have a NH 855 chain baler and one remote is all you need , It's done electrically.

A chain baler in good condition is as good as any belt but a worn out one is a nightmare !

/ Round Balers #24  
I only have one set of remotes off the rear. To be able to operate an auto wrap baler would I need more than one set?

on any baler new or old with auto wrap all you need is one remote to open your tailgate to let the bale out.

/ Round Balers
Which one is better??? 1985 New Holland 855 auto wrap OR 1988 NH 853?
The price is about a thousand dollars difference between the two?

/ Round Balers #26  
I would go for the smaller bale for saleability but i have a 1989 855 with auto that i've had for 3 years that i've only had one bent bar and had the chain snap once in over 3000 bales.
I find it will wrap a very neat bale but for some reason seems to "forget "over winter and needs resetting every summer to tie a nice bale with square edges.
We ran a BR next to it last year and found no difference in output !
I gave $2750 for the 855 ! with new air bags and new tines but the shaft through the pickup was sheared off .

/ Round Balers #27  
The baler I'm looking at is a New holland 849 with new chains and an electric tie. Everyone is saying the chain baler is more forgiving for a novice such as myself. Do they make an older "auto wrap" baler? If I understand what everyone is saying regarding the auto wrap is there isn't any weaving to feed the baler. Right? Also, I really appreciate everyone's comments because they're very helpful. THANKS!

find a 853 nh it is a chain baler and it did have the auto wrap option and will bale a roll of hay just as nice as a belt baler and is really easier to maintain than a belt baler

/ Round Balers
find a 853 nh it is a chain baler and it did have the auto wrap option and will bale a roll of hay just as nice as a belt baler and is really easier to maintain than a belt baler

Thanks for the input. Gonna make an offer this week. Fingers crossed

/ Round Balers
i have seen them sell at auctions recently from 1000-3500 dollars for some nice ones

I've been seeing about the same thing here in my area. Hope we have a sucessful round baling experience:D