Guages instead of

/ Guages instead of
Markie61 (& Stonewall): Don't know the measurements. Dealer claims equivalent quality to Stewart-Warner, but SW not have guage "pack". As far as connection, tractor is at dealers (awaiting BH which should be here this week). They do operate though as I cranked tractor up at dealers last sat when I took pics. Will check out (including how they connected them) when I get tractor-hopefully this week, unless big snow comes through. Arrangement should be viewable in picture attached.

Egon (et al): No question "idiot" lights can warn, though, as others have said should have audible alerts (and probably electro shock through the seat to wake up dozing operator-just kidding). There's nothing "wrong" with alerts, its just that guages tell much more about impending problems. I have habit of continual scanning.

JEH

/ Guages instead of #12  
Amen to continual scanning. My Dad owned a Jag XKE for about two years (1968-1970) and he used to joke that the car knew if you weren't watching the gauges and would quit on you if you weren't paying attention to IT! He taught me "Windshield - Mirrors - Guages" until you're home.

/ Guages instead of
New surplus 12vdc fire bells are sometimes available from dealers in the surplus market. They make great audible oil pressure and/or over temp alarms, and can be heard over a diesel much better than a wimpy sonalert or the likes.

I picked one up a few years ago for a boat. Paid about ten bucks, I think.

SnowRidge

/ Guages instead of
Stonewall, I know about the old Jag's. You work on them all week to drive them on the weekend :)

/ Guages instead of #16  
They make 12vdc buzzers electrically operated for like.. low air warnings on the big trucks, etc. might try that.

Soundguy

/ Guages instead of #17  
I don't know where you get those low air buzzers but they do get your attention! We have them on our tenders (tankers) in the VFD and if the last guy didn't plug in the shore line you get to listen to the buzzer for about 5 minutes while the onboard compressor builds up preasure and the diesel fills the fire house with exhaust smoke - you know - that good black cold diesel kind.