JD4310 VS NH TC35

/ JD4310 VS NH TC35 #1  

Anonymous Poster

I am down to deciding between two tractors the JD 4310 w/430 FEL, or the NH TC35 w/LA16 FEL. Price is with in dollars of each other. Feature for Feature they are almost just aloike, except for HP JD is 32, NH is 35. The NH I think has bigger tires R4s. Any input would be great will be pulling the trigger this week.

Thanks
gellison

/ JD4310 VS NH TC35 #2  
Both are fine tractors. Have you tried both? Which do YOU like best?

Billy

/ JD4310 VS NH TC35 #3  
What BillyP said PLUS what do you think of the DEALER - more important than the tractor.

Mark

/ JD4310 VS NH TC35 #4  
Gellison,

I made a similar comparison, and found it very useful to compare the machines side by side. I was comparing the 35D to the 4400. When you see them side by side, you can compare the considerable size difference etc...

I choose the 35D, but have not been happy with Dealer or NH. service, so as mentioned before--Service should be a major consideration in your final decision. Comparing just the tractors, I felt I got the most for my money.

Knowing what I know today, I would have bought elsewhere or even a different manufacturer. Good Luck.

/ JD4310 VS NH TC35 #5  
I demo'd a 4410 w/ r4 and 72" MMM for 10 days
or so and by chance talked to the local NH dealer
and then demo'd a 35D w/ r4 and 84" MMM for
a week.
The 35D w/ larger mower had more power and could
mow at a faster speed.
The larger size w/ larger tires and if I ever need the
loader it has the SSL quick-tach standard and the
my toys will fit on it.
The SS on 35D really is nice for my mowing and
everything else I do w/ it.
To top off the deal the NH was almost $6000.00
cheaper ($3000 lower tractor price and $3000 more
for my L2900 Kubota).
After having it for 6 months IMO made a very good
choice.

/ JD4310 VS NH TC35 #6  
I'm very happy with my 4310 but I agree with most people that the dealer should be the deciding factor. How long have they been in business? How much "stuff" do they stock? How long does it take to get parts? How big is their service department? The list goes on. Ask around about the dealership.
Kyle

/ JD4310 VS NH TC35
gellison: As others have mentioned, I too just purchased a new tractor which included comparison between NH TC40 & a JD 990 (both 2 liter engine size). While the 990 was a "stronger" tractor (everything, including the gas tank, was metal!) and "looked" more like a tractor, I chose the NH. Why? The 16LA loader has much better lift capacity than the JD (you didn't give the model they are offering you), much better visibility. The access for servicing is better. The hydraulic pump has better capacity. Etc. Etc. Further, the trans was straight out of the 2120 series (in use for almost 20 years). You might check the TC35 engine (out of the 1720 series?) to see how long it has been around. I don't know about the JD 4310, but the 990 uses a two stage clutch vs a single stage on the NH. Clutch replacement (worst case) on the JD was $2000-$2100 vs $1000-$1200 on NH. I believe the repair cost down the line will be higher on the JD. Overall, I respectfully suggest the NH is a bit more heavy duty. That's not to suggest I wouldn't be happy with the JD if somebody gave me one. Finally, the NH have certain anomolies-you might want to check the NH operation/serving section on this board for some common problems (as well as the JD section). Good luck with your choice. JEH

/ JD4310 VS NH TC35 #8  
if you go n.h.you might want to get the 40[4 cyl].you know you will have to have a temp gauge instld + new models are coming where the manual trany's will have the deluxe pkg[big bonus].i wasnt so happy with the hydro so i went kubota.i like the deere manuals tranys better but that jmho.wouldnt a deere 4510 be more comparable to the tc35??17,800 s/b the tc35 manual an 19,600 for the tc35d both with loader.bws

/ JD4310 VS NH TC35
Thanks guys for all the input, keep it comeing though, I am going to look at the 4310 today and the TC35 again. I love all the GREAT input/advice.

thanks
Graham

/ JD4310 VS NH TC35 #10  
I went through a similar exercise last year... when the dust settled I owned the JD 4310 for a few reasons! First of all (make sure your comparing tractors of the same hp it looks like you should be comparing a 4410) mounting of attachments seemed to be simpler and faster, more gpm hydralic system (faster cycle times), higher 3pt lift capacity, better pedal arrangement for hydro (my opinion)... on and on and on! MAKE SURE YOU DRIVE THE ONES YOU ARE CONSIDERING and they fit you well! Then there was the Dealer (which, In my opinion is probably the MOST IMPORTANT consideration). I really lucked out here... not only did the best of the dealers I shopped sell JD... they were the closest to my place (KC Canary... Upstate NY)... This is a huge consideration! There have been some threads on this site where tractors were bought far from home that became nightmare experiences... make sure you have a good dealer... the closer the better, and you can't go wrong with either tractor! I love my 4310!