Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    John Deere 790

Default Re: Financing

The other thing to keep in mind is the term of the loan. If your home-eq is a long term note you could be paying for your tractor over a much longer period than typical dealer financing. Of course, that will lower the payments as well [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

Yeah. Ours has XXX amount of dollars available. We can use any portion or portions of it at any time. So far, all we have used it for is the tractor and trailer. We are still looking for the car. Ours has some fees associated with each time we use it, so we only use it for major items. We can pay it off any time with no fees. It is good for 7 years(I think) at which time, we can either re-enroll, re-finance or pay off the balance if there is any. The nice thing is, we can qualify for the homestead exemption at the County City Building since it is technically a mortgage. Saves a little on property taxes.

Ours works the same way (7 yr term and no early payoff penalty) except the fees are minimal. Also, I have to agree with much of what was said in the various posts which is why I said (in my initial post) this is not for everyone. In my case, when we bought the tractor and all implements, we financed a little more than half. In addition, whether I continue through deere credit or move it over to the equity line, the loan will not run through it's normal term, rather it will be paid off in about a year so market volitility is not as big a concern as it would be for someone who is going to use all 7 years to pay it off.

Bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12