New Kubota 7800 vs. JD 4210

/ New Kubota 7800 vs. JD 4210 #1  

oldcrusty

I recently bought 8 acres and I'm looking for a first tractor. I have kinda got it narrowed down to these two. I want to be able to use the tractor to also do some pasture mowing/light tractor (loader, tilling....) work on the side. The JD is about a couple of thousand dollar more new and the Kubota is a four cylinder, JD a three. I would want to be able to pull a 5 foot shredder. thoughts, other things to consider.
Thanks

/ New Kubota 7800 vs. JD 4210 #2  
I looked at both. The differences in technical specifications were slight. Price differences were great.

IMHO - When I started sitting on and driving the B7800 I just felt better on it.

The last dealer I went to, gave me the warm and fuzzies, they have a great reputation, and that made my decision.

-Mike Z.

/ New Kubota 7800 vs. JD 4210 #3  
One thing to consider, and the most important in my opinion, is the quality of the dealer. As far as quality of the JD against the Kubota, they are both quality tractors. The service after the sale is a BIG consideration. I don't know about the price diff between the two but some words of advice, check out different dealer's pricing. That way you can get the lowest price of your area. Then you can go back to the dealer you want to do business with and make him an offer. The suggested retail price on tractors are always jacked up. For instance, the suggested retail price on a JD 4610 MFWD ehydro (plus the extra stuff I wanted) was $25752.00. I got it for $19,800.00 so, there's plenty of room to negotiate. Good luck.

Billy