Winter discount?

/ Winter discount? #1  

Anonymous Poster

Am I right to assume that the best time to buy a tractor would be between now and mid-February?

/ Winter discount? #2  
I think the winter deals are before end of the
year, they want to save inventory costs and
not many people looking at X-mas time.
Plus need to get that sales quota met
for year.
Notice how auto deals ended at end of December.

/ Winter discount? #3  
Best time to buy a tractor is anytime of the year when sales or demand are down and inventory is stagnant on dealer lots. See linked article regarding slowing tractor sales throughout 2003. Dealers have to move inventory even if demand is weak so look for increased dealer incentives and promos at all major dealers in the months to come. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/business/business-manufacturing-farmequipment-stocks.html>Dimming Farm Outlook Hits Tractor Makers</A>

/ Winter discount? #4  
I agree, We got the 1050 (several years ago) in the fall around September. Dealer had a rough year and was ready to deal... We landed the (used 200hrs) 1050,FEL, Box blade for about what it's worth now...

/ Winter discount? #5  
Two things to considder on sales items.

If a company operates on a fiscal year end other than december, or is operating at calender year end for taxes, they are going to want to move stock on hand before that deadline to avoid paying tangable taxes on the asets they have. You may get good deals then.

Seasonal items also. When it goes outa season.. many companies get rid of it to keep it from taking up floor space.

I bought my riding lawnmower, and a 4' finish mower during the dead of winter a few years ago. In fact.. I had a hard time finding a store anywhere that had either item. When i did, and casually walked out to look at the 'last on the shelf' items.. the salesmen fell all over me offering me discounts to buy 'x'.
I got my finish mower something like 300 bucks cheaper than if I had bought 3 months earlier.. and the lawn mower about 150 cheaper. Both new.. no returns.. just last of a kinds for the season ....

I was happy.. but had to convice the wife.

Soundguy