Price Check John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #11  
The one thing that would bother me is you know you have a strong tractor now.

What if the next one is a lemon.??:confused2:

Something is fishy.??....

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #12  
They say "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is". Just though I'd remind you....but I am interested in anything else you find out.

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #13  
Heres what is going to happen, you will give him 500 bucks cash and all your stuff, he will give you 3 year newer stuff and a new payment book, so you lost 3 years of paying and you are starting over from day one, no?

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer
Wow, you guys are plenty skeptical just like me. The dealer stopped by today to look at my machine, here's the deal:
My machine is paid for. He is offering me a new machine, set up exactly like my current machine which has a few options, he will also take my 62D deck and an old back blade I have. The deck and back blade would be the two implements for trade. He will replace my current deck with the latest model new 62D and my current back blade with the closest thing he has like it (mine is 20 years old). In exchange for that all he wants from me is $500 cash. He claims JD is authorized them to make this offer for several reasons. First, they have too many new 2520's on hand. Second, they are desperately looking for used machines and implements. Third, the competition has come out with something the same size as the 2520 with a smaller engine which is of course cheaper. JD has nothing to compete with that. So they are also offering this deal to owners of other brands (certain comparable models) in order to get them into a JD before they buy the competitor. The offer is good until some time in June.
Thanks for the warnings too. I will certainly make sure that when this over I have the papers showing me as the sole owner, no loan, and I'm only opening my wallet to the tune of $500 cash. He is going to have the tractor setup to match my current one and the implements sitting nearby ready for me to inspect within the next few days. I'll see the package before I sign or pay anything. This dealer has been around for 40 years and I've bought two tractors from him before. I can't believe he'd by misleading but I admit I'm still waiting for some fine print to show up. Someone pointed out that right now at least I know I don't have a lemon. I thought about that too. My current machine generally works perfect except it never has started as well as my previous JD4100. I've wondered about that but never complained about it. I'm actually hoping that I'm getting rid of a machine that might have some starting problem waiting to get worse and will be getting one that starts better. I'll let you all know how this goes down.

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #15  
If the deal is for real, I'd jump all over it. Like others have said, it sure sounds fishy, almost too good to be true.

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #16  
Heres what is going to happen, you will give him 500 bucks cash and all your stuff, he will give you 3 year newer stuff and a new payment book, so you lost 3 years of paying and you are starting over from day one, no?
I think you are correct and if so the price now would seem to be too high, 3 years of payments plus $500.00.

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #17  
Are you sure he's the dealer? :laughing:

Seriously, something is fishy here.

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #18  
Well, if it's as you described it, this becomes one of those "no brainers". So, if true, you get a big "you suck" from me. Ask if he wants an orange tractor on his lot:laughing:

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer
I know this can't be one of those deals where you simply are adding three years more payment because as I said, I have no loan on my machine, it's paid for. This is the same dealer I bought my current tractor from and I don't have a loan. The guy says I only hand over $500 to complete this deal. And yes, I know this is the dealer. After the initial call I called the dealer myself and talked to the front desk guy that I've known for years. I asked him to put a sales guy on the line and I got the same guy I talked to earlier. He showed up today in a dealer truck. I'm going to the dealer in a few days to look at my package. I'm not sure how this could possibly not really be a dealer. If it's a scammer I'd say he's pretty good. Maybe he's using the dealership building and equipment during off hours? I might ask the other dealer in my area if he knows about this deal. I know it sounds too good to be true so you can bet I'll be reading all the fine print. Given the regulations governing the paperwork involving loans there is no way someone could sign you up to make payments on something without making it very clear that's what they are doing. If this is what they say it is the only thing I'll have to sign is a bill of sale with my name on it and it will say "paid in full". I know enough not to sign anything else. We'll see if that's how it works. BTW, I really appreciate all the cautions.

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #20  
Tens of thousands of us will be watching this thread:D