I did it! Ordered New Tractor today

/ I did it! Ordered New Tractor today #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hi All...
Thanks for all the input. I went ahead and ordered a new tractor today. I after much consideration and taking into account all of your opinions, I ordered the JD 2210 with 62C MMM, 53" FEL with grill guard, Ballast box, and dealer installed welded hooks on the bucket. Now I just have to look for a decent Box blade for a fair price. Although he gave me a great price on the 2210 (all the above delivered for under $12,300) his price on the Box blade I think is too high ($500 for a 48"). Now that I will have this tractor, I will also be caring for my fathers lot, so I am going to sell his Cub cadet and hopefully recoup some $$.
Thank You all for your help.
Fran

/ I did it! Ordered New Tractor today #3  
Congrats SubVet!

Might I suggest a <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.midwestequipment.net/box_blades/box_blade_choices.htm>midwest Box Blade</A>

Very well built for the money

A couple big mail order places are <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.carverequipment.com/>Carver Equipment</A>

and <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.sweettractors.com/compact.html#implements>Sweet Farm Equipment</A>

Midwest sold under the "First Choice" label for a while so they might have some first choice brand boxblades left.

Sweet Farm has one for $350 + shipping (probably $75 for shipping).

Another option (not as pretty, but functional) would be <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.kingkutter.com/BoxBlades.asp>King Kutter</A>

/ I did it! Ordered New Tractor today #4  
CONGRATS ON THE PURCHASE :: when do u get it? and u won't sleep to well to u do get it./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ I did it! Ordered New Tractor today #6  
CONGRATS - I am sure you will enjoy the JD. Just watch out for Attachmentitis -- you don't even have to pay for it, it comes with the tractor/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif.

/ I did it! Ordered New Tractor today #7  
Sounds like you did alright price wise. I ordered a JD 2210 with the 62C MMM, and the 210 FEL from my dealer for $12,200. For a hundred dollars more it looks like you got the ballast box included that my dealer wanted to get around $187 extra from me. I may not have gotten the grill guard as part of what I ordered either.

I ordered my tractor on November 30, 2002 (beat the Indiana sales tax increase by one day!) and was recently told Wednesday by my dealer that the tractor is finally going to ship today. My order was delayed because I wanted ag tires instead of turf tires.

I could have bought a Kubota BX2200 instead for an even $12,000 that was comparably equipped to the JD 2210 I ordered. One of the deciding factors in getting the JD instead of the Kubota was the JD had an operator presence detection capability, the Kubota did not. I know some people prefer not to have the OPD safety feature but with my wife and 16 year old son being among the operators of the tractor I felt that this safety feature was very important to have.

Hopefully you will not have to wait as long as I have been waiting. The tractor I had been using broke a connecting rod in the engine and wasn't worth fixing any longer (it was on its second engine). Since I depend on my tractor for snow removal in winter to be able to get in and out of my driveway I have been crossing my fingers each time we get a snowfall that it won't be too much snow until my new tractor arrives.

Now the reason I did not get the ballast box was first of all it was going to cost more (I didn't get as good a deal as you got!) and second I could take the money I saved on the ballast box to use toward buying a box scraper that could provide some of the ballast I will need. I figured I could add some solid concrete blocks onto the top of the box scraper to provide even more ballast depending on what I was using the FEL for.

/ I did it! Ordered New Tractor today
The Dealer had a couple 2210 in stock, one 210FEL, but no 62Cs.
He said about two weeks for delivery.
I hope he's right.
Thanks
Fran

/ I did it! Ordered New Tractor today #9  
Congratulations on your order...hope you do not have to wait too long...

/ I did it! Ordered New Tractor today #10  
Fran
Good for you. I'm sure your going to like your new toy. Btw, thank you for serving this great country of ours. I deeply appreciate it.
-Terry