Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Default Re: Deere VS Husqvarna

I have almost that same Husqvarna.. except its got the briggs engine. I have REALLY worked that one hard and it has been flawless. It currently has 200+ hours on it.
    Mine is approx. 4-5 years old and back then, Husqvarna was building them in-house. I'm not sure if they still do, or if, like many of the John Deere, they have been farmed out to MTD.
    Very few riding mowers are actually built by the company named on the sticker anymore..
    Kubota L4400 GST

Tractor
    mrfopow@gmail.com

I'd go with a JD over a Husq.

I've just heard too many horror stories surrounding Husq tractors.

So far my CC GT has been good to me.
    2010 Cub Cadet GT2544
    Kohler Command Twin -- 3.8hrs

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100, Kubota BX25D, MULE Fxt Pro, Honda Pioneer 500

May want to do a quick search on here for the Husq. as there was a recent thread about how many people were having problems with theirs. We had one, for about 3 months, after the forth breakdown I was done with it. I personally will NEVER buy another Husq. again after my exp. with them.
    Kubota MX5100
    Kubota BX25D
    Kubota KX91-3
    Mule FXT Pro
    Pioneer 500

Tractor
    John Deere LX178

Quote Originally Posted by PoorMansCat View Post
    4-5 years old and back then, Husqvarna was building them in-house. I'm not sure if they still do, or if, like many of the John Deere, they have been farmed out to MTD.
    Very few riding mowers are actually built by the company named on the sticker anymore..
    ??? Where do you get your information? You are correct that most do not build thier own, but that is certainly not the case with Deere.

AYP currently builds the Husky and I am almost positive that they did not build thier own machines 4-5 years ago, not that it really matters now.

All of the Select Series (X300, X500, X700) are built by John Deere in Horicon Wisconsin. The big box 100 Series are built by John Deere in Greenville Tennessee.
    I can run a D100 and a 9560RT (and most of the models in between) all in the same day!!!

Just wanted to thank everyone for the input.

I'm off to purchase a new JD X300 this morning. I've talked to a buddy who has had one for a couple of years and loves it. Sounds like his does all I'm going to need mine to do.

I would love to step up to the x320, but I just can't justify the extra thousand dollars. From what I've read, that'll buy me 2 more transmissions if I need 'em

Thanks again for all of the help. Feel free to keep the discussion going, I love to see a good debate. Give me a couple years and I might be able to join in with some real world experience in the lawn tractor field.

Have a great weekend!

Jason

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M7040SUD

I haven't driven either one of those machines, but I do own a JD F725 mower. It is a bit different than those machines, but what I like about JD is their parts availability. Not sure what Husky has to offer, but I believe JD has the best website out there. You can look up parts schematics for any model, order parts online to be delivered or picked up at the dealer, and with my local dealers, I can see the parts inventory right on the JD website. That has come in handy even for basic parts like blades and filters and such. And when I need to repair something not so basic, the parts schematics help to identify exactly what parts are needed and the cost.

I don't agree with the post that said the locking diff isn't all that necessary. I use it all the time on slopes. These machines don't have R1 tractor tires and they will be prone to spin their tires on slopes. A locking diff makes a big difference.

Tractor
    none

I'm in a similar place. Trying to decide between the Craftsman YT4000 (which is made by Husqvarna) vs. John Deer D130/140.

Both have B&S engines but otherwise they are pretty comparable. The price differance is about $400 and not sure if it's worth the extra money for JD.

Anyone have a strong opnion/recommendation?

Tractor
    John Deere LX178

The specs I see show that the Craftsman YT4000 has a 6 Speed gear transmission, 13 ga mower deck with 6 mowing positions (between 1.5 and 4") and a 24hp B&S v-twin engine. The frame is a bolted rail style made of 11-gauge steel. I believe it has a steel hood.

The Deere D130 has a twin pedal Hydrostatic transmission, 12-gauge mower deck with 13 positions (between 1" and 4") and a 22hp B&S v-twin engine. The hood is made of injection-molded, UV-resistant "JD Loy" polymer. The solid one-piece frame is constructed of 12-gauge steel and is Full-length robotically welded with high-strength steel rails for added strength and long life.
    I can run a D100 and a 9560RT (and most of the models in between) all in the same day!!!

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by peaksjam View Post
    I came across the Husky. 24 hp Kawasaki, locking differential, bigger deck, three bills cheaper.
    You have me a bit here.
    You titled this thread
    Buying Advice Deere VS Husqvarna
    But here you are talking about a Huskie.
    Husqvarna and Huskie are 2 different brands built by 2 different companies.
    Husqvarna is built by AYP.
    Huskie is built by MTD.
    So what tractor are you talking about?
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12