Buying Advice Deere VS Husqvarna

/ Deere VS Husqvarna #11  
I have almost that same Husqvarna.. except its got the briggs engine. I have REALLY worked that one hard and it has been flawless. It currently has 200+ hours on it.
Mine is approx. 4-5 years old and back then, Husqvarna was building them in-house. I'm not sure if they still do, or if, like many of the John Deere, they have been farmed out to MTD.
Very few riding mowers are actually built by the company named on the sticker anymore..

/ Deere VS Husqvarna #12  
I'd go with a JD over a Husq.

I've just heard too many horror stories surrounding Husq tractors.

So far my CC GT has been good to me.

/ Deere VS Husqvarna #13  
May want to do a quick search on here for the Husq. as there was a recent thread about how many people were having problems with theirs. We had one, for about 3 months, after the forth breakdown I was done with it. I personally will NEVER buy another Husq. again after my exp. with them.

/ Deere VS Husqvarna #14  
4-5 years old and back then, Husqvarna was building them in-house. I'm not sure if they still do, or if, like many of the John Deere, they have been farmed out to MTD.
Very few riding mowers are actually built by the company named on the sticker anymore..

??? :confused: :confused: :confused: Where do you get your information? You are correct that most do not build thier own, but that is certainly not the case with Deere.

AYP currently builds the Husky and I am almost positive that they did not build thier own machines 4-5 years ago, not that it really matters now.

All of the Select Series (X300, X500, X700) are built by John Deere in Horicon Wisconsin. The big box 100 Series are built by John Deere in Greenville Tennessee.

/ Deere VS Husqvarna
Just wanted to thank everyone for the input.

I'm off to purchase a new JD X300 this morning. I've talked to a buddy who has had one for a couple of years and loves it. Sounds like his does all I'm going to need mine to do.

I would love to step up to the x320, but I just can't justify the extra thousand dollars. From what I've read, that'll buy me 2 more transmissions if I need 'em ;)

Thanks again for all of the help. Feel free to keep the discussion going, I love to see a good debate. Give me a couple years and I might be able to join in with some real world experience in the lawn tractor field.

Have a great weekend!

Jason

/ Deere VS Husqvarna #16  
I haven't driven either one of those machines, but I do own a JD F725 mower. It is a bit different than those machines, but what I like about JD is their parts availability. Not sure what Husky has to offer, but I believe JD has the best website out there. You can look up parts schematics for any model, order parts online to be delivered or picked up at the dealer, and with my local dealers, I can see the parts inventory right on the JD website. That has come in handy even for basic parts like blades and filters and such. And when I need to repair something not so basic, the parts schematics help to identify exactly what parts are needed and the cost.

I don't agree with the post that said the locking diff isn't all that necessary. I use it all the time on slopes. These machines don't have R1 tractor tires and they will be prone to spin their tires on slopes. A locking diff makes a big difference.

/ Deere VS Husqvarna #17  
I'm in a similar place. Trying to decide between the Craftsman YT4000 (which is made by Husqvarna) vs. John Deer D130/140.

Both have B&S engines but otherwise they are pretty comparable. The price differance is about $400 and not sure if it's worth the extra money for JD.

Anyone have a strong opnion/recommendation?

/ Deere VS Husqvarna #18  
The specs I see show that the Craftsman YT4000 has a 6 Speed gear transmission, 13 ga mower deck with 6 mowing positions (between 1.5 and 4") and a 24hp B&S v-twin engine. The frame is a bolted rail style made of 11-gauge steel. I believe it has a steel hood.

The Deere D130 has a twin pedal Hydrostatic transmission, 12-gauge mower deck with 13 positions (between 1" and 4") and a 22hp B&S v-twin engine. The hood is made of injection-molded, UV-resistant "JD Loy" polymer. The solid one-piece frame is constructed of 12-gauge steel and is Full-length robotically welded with high-strength steel rails for added strength and long life.

/ Deere VS Husqvarna #19  
I came across the Husky. 24 hp Kawasaki, locking differential, bigger deck, three bills cheaper.
You have me a bit :confused2: here.
You titled this thread
Buying Advice Deere VS Husqvarna
But here you are talking about a Huskie.
Husqvarna and Huskie are 2 different brands built by 2 different companies.
Husqvarna is built by AYP.
Huskie is built by MTD.
So what tractor are you talking about?