picking up my new l3830

/ picking up my new l3830 #1  

BWS

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota l3830 hst/723 fel
dealer has a new landpride rotary cutter 15 series[lightduty]5' for 825.00 instld.this is 40hp gear box with shearpin.is this a decent mower/price?would be nice to pick up my tractor next week with the mower installed.

/ picking up my new l3830 #2  
The L3830 looks like a super tractor. It is one I have been looking at. Is the 5' mower the largest you want? I would think a 6' would be more in line for a tractor of that size, but then, maybe your needs are not that great. I have a 84" finish mower and wish it was a 96". I have a 80" brush cutter and find it to be about right for light brush. Rat...

/ picking up my new l3830 #3  
Brad, things are so different in different parts of the country that it's hard to say. That's more than I would pay for a light duty rotary cutter, and like Rat, I'd want a bigger one for that tractor.

/ picking up my new l3830
thanks.i'll hold off on the 5' mower.the dealer said to go 5' cause a 6' would mean i would have to go slower.i too thought this unit could handle a 6' cause most my cutting will be grass/sticker bushes and thats about it and after the sticker bushes are gone it will be all grass.looks like the dealer wants to sell 5' this week.thanks.

/ picking up my new l3830 #5  
Of course the dealer's right that you have to go slower with a bigger mower if you get into heavy material to cut, but I used a 5' mower with my B2710 and sure would not have wanted anything smaller (in fact, I traded in my 4' one to get the 5' one when I traded from a B7100 to the B2710). There may be some different opinions, but I sure want my brush hog to be wider than the outside of my rear tires.

went to the dealer today and got to sit on my new tractor,feels great,everything looks heavy duty,i think these are are gonna be great sellers for kubota,the dealer is waiting for the 4 position valve,they recieved the wrong one,he said they make a lot of diferent ones for front end.should i have been specific on which one[valve] i ordered??what does the 4 pos valve do for me??i think i paid 85.00 for this option.

/ picking up my new l3830 #7  
Hey I drove one of those last weekend and they are great! I went to drive the new B7800 and then drove it. I liked it alot better. I'm looking at the same line but might want to go with something with more PTO HP. I've talked to several guys that do tractor mowing for a living and they said they wouldn't go lower than a 40 HP PTO. Since I figure I'll do side jobs to help pay for the tractor I had better listen to their advice. If I was just gone buy it for just my 8 acres it would already be sitting in my garage!!

/ picking up my new l3830 #8  
Don't get hosed on a light duty Landpride cutter. Look at a <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.servis-rhino.com/html/rotary_cutters.html>RHINO </A>
rhinoanim6.gif

/ picking up my new l3830 #9  
Hey, whats that Rhino GIF doing. I thought I had my signatures turned off until I realized that wasn't a signature. Pretty clever. Rhinos are tough to beat for durability. Now I'm wondering what JM III had to edit. Rat...

P.S. I'm getting a quote on a L3130, L3830 and L4330 most likely HST but I have some figuring to do. The L3830 has the same bore/stroke as the L48, just has one less piston. The L3830 with its 3 cylinders is as smooth as any of the 4 cylinders. I think your going to like it.

i got i think a good deal on it 20.5k for 3830 hst,folding rops,723 fel,h.d.72" bucket,r-4's,calcium in rears,4 pos valve[still not sure what this does],set of filters,delivered.20.5k+tax