Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tractor
    New Holland 3045/2010

Default Re: Another Chipper Post

I will be putting an addition on the house so wanted to remove trees before the addition starts so Thursday took six mature birch trees done had them piled in 6' logs for cutting and splitting and all the related brush cleaned up in a day with my cousin. We both are zipper chests (heart by-pass) so we don't move fast, lol. He just loved the Wallenstein BX42. The hydraulic feed I figure is a must. Good Luck.
    “If at first you don't succeed, you are running about average.”
    M. H. Alderson

Tractor
    New Holland 3045/2010

I should add that the quick attach forks really help with moving the logs and brush.
    I hate brush moving but this made it almost, almost fun, lol.
    “If at first you don't succeed, you are running about average.”
    M. H. Alderson

Elite Member
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    (B2620, had BX22) Simplicity Legacy w/48" mmm

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffnew View Post
    ChuckinNH -- how difficult was that adjustment? I've got a BX2660 and was also looking at the BX42 for the piles of brush I need to shred.
    I didn't find the adjustment difficult at all. You swing the loading chute up, and then have pretty good access to the knives on the Wallenstien. The adjustment doesn't have to be precise either as long as it is fairly even. Mine had over .100 gap between the fixed knife, and the rotating one. Springy bushes, and really leafy material would bend in that gap rather than being cleanly cut. Once the material was clear o the knives, it would spring open again, and in very short order block the chute with chips that couldn't get by the bent twigs.
    B2620,Loaded R-4's , Wallenstein BX42 chipper, Bush Hog SQ148 RC, 4' x 8' chain harrow, Blizzard 54" 3PT snowblower, Tirechains. com v-bar duo grip chains (hate them), Simplicity Legacy with 48"mmm, turbo collector, Country Line carry all, Countryline Middlebuster, Woods 48" BB, Kubota QA for loader, Kubota forks, Kuhn EL23 rototiller, and more to come...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123