Home Depot Rental business

/ Home Depot Rental business #1  

tractorjunky

Hi, I read some very interesting perspective on rental business. I wanted to find out if anyone knows of any Home Depot that rents Compacts. I have heard that they have decided to enter tractor rental market business.

Do you think that Home Depot's tractor rental business model is good?

/ Home Depot Rental business #2  
There are two Home Depots near where I live, neither rents tracors of any type at this point.

/ Home Depot Rental business #3  
I believe that my Home Depot here in Rock Hill, SC is renting tractors. They had four CUT's of differing brands sitting in the parking lot. At first I though it was odd for them to be selling them until I realized that they must be renting them. I didn't inquire about it but I can't imagine what else they were for. However, what I need is a place that I can rent 3pt implements from!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Jeff

/ Home Depot Rental business #4  
<font color=red> what I need is a place that I can rent 3pt implements from! </font color=red>

now that is a great idea!!! i would love to be able to do that/w3tcompact/icons/love.gif

/ Home Depot Rental business #5  
what I need is a place that I can rent 3pt implements from!

I'll second that one I can think of about 6 I need to rent!!!!
Mike

/ Home Depot Rental business #6  
Popeye: I found a local dealer that offered rental attachments as an incentive to buy from his dealership. He keeps a small stock (log splitter, box blade, chipper, etc.) that he offers to tractor buyers on a rental basis. Don't know if he rents to others. This is another incentive to trade locally and get to know your dealer. One rental yard I have worked with will rent attachments separate from tractors for regular customers. You might check with your dealer.

/ Home Depot Rental business #7  
My Deere dealer rents about everthing there is in 3pt attachments, as well as CUT's, larger tractors, Bobcats, excavators, tele-booms, etc. Problem is that some of the attachments get purchased so you can't count on them having what you want whenever you want it. Have to wait until they get a new one in, and then are willing to rent it. Rental is real reasonable though. They also supply smaller independent rental places in smaller towns with Bobcats and Deere CUT's. Apparently works for them. Have not heard if they will seek an agreement with the Home Depot's, but do know they are working with HD to setup and repair the Deere lawn tractors that HD sells.

/ Home Depot Rental business #8  
Lucky for me my dealer rents and is close by to a Home Depot
and food store. What more could one ask for?

/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
-Mike Z.

/ Home Depot Rental business #9  
Of the 4 Home Depots close to me, two have rental departments. I know the rent CUTs, mini-excavators, and little walk behind loaders/backhoes (Dingo). I've some small items from them, but never a larger piece of equipment. A good friend of mine recently rented the mini-excavator from them. It was practically new (4 hrs) and a lot of fun /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif.

One advantage the HD has over regular rental centers is their hours. They are usually open longer and on Sunday.

/ Home Depot Rental business #10  
<font color=blue>One advantage the HD has over regular rental centers is their hours. They are usually open longer and on Sunday. </font color=blue>

That may or may not be an advantage. For us Harry homeowner types, having the place closed on Sunday can be a good thing. Means they are not open to receive it back in, so you get 2 days of rental for one day of payment. Of course, if you want to rent something on Sunday, having them open is great. All depends on your needs at the instant you have the need.