new to forum and a question

/ new to forum and a question
Thanks.

I went to the Mahindra and MF dealers this morning. Wow, tough to choose b/w those two...the Mahindra had a few more features but the MF dealer went the extra mile on a real attractive quote. This was comparing the Mahindra 4035 to the MF 1643...I think those are directly comparable but someone correct me if Im wrong.

Its tough. Im in that paralysis by analysis mode!

If you guys don't mind, later I'll organize my notes and ask a few questions. I'd like to know how important some features might be as opposed to those that don't really matter....

/ new to forum and a question #42  
post back!

/ new to forum and a question #43  
Attached find two examples - one PDF blank and one text file completed to fill in details. Use the blank one to jot down notes during your tractor visits and $ and or use the completed one and fill in the results specific to your machine.

You can modify any way you want but this will start to narrow things down a bit. I just put these together for an example. Send me a PM and I will send you the excel version via email since they cant be uploaded here.

Good luck and happy tractor shopping.

Attachments

• Tractor Comparision Sheet June 30 12 Blank.pdf
    187.1 KB · Views: 89
OK, here are my notes.

MF dealer was first. Salesman was good, very enthusiastic, etc. Looked at a 1643 HST w FEL. Was a nice tractor, seemed well put together. It did have ag tires though, and I would want those swapped to R4s. They will load rear tires w water for free. 2 yr warranty but if they have to come get the tractor for warranty work they will charge me.

It had a pin bucket, which I understand is not as good as a quick attach. No rear remote either.

Package deal with FEL, medium duty cutter, box blade, add 1 rear remote is 26,8xx.

Then went to Mahindra dealer. Looked at 4035, but only 4035 there was shuttle shift. He did have a smaller tractor with a HST so I could see how the Mahindra hydro felt.

I was initially not taken with the Mahindra 'pedal behind your foot' hydro system. was not intutive to me as opposed to 2 pedals side by side. I guess you get used to it, but I was not excited about it at first.

4035 had quick attach bucket, 1 rear remote already installed. Dealer also said he wouldnt charge to come get tractor for warranty work (5 year drivetrain, 3 year on the rest). Loaded rear tires deal same as MF. Package deal with HD cutter, boxblade, etc was 26,7xx.

Any thoughts? Should I push for a QA on the MF if I go that route? I thought the Mahindra would come in cheaper than it did, but that was not the case.

I plan to look at Kubota, get some follow up info from all, and then make my decision. I wish there was a Kioti dealer closer than 5 hours away - I would like to look at them too but they are at the other end of the state.

Attached find two examples - one PDF blank and one text file completed to fill in details. Use the blank one to jot down notes during your tractor visits and $ and or use the completed one and fill in the results specific to your machine.

You can modify any way you want but this will start to narrow things down a bit. I just put these together for an example. Send me a PM and I will send you the excel version via email since they cant be uploaded here.

Good luck and happy tractor shopping.

Thanks! PM enroute.