Beekeeper seeks tractor

/ Beekeeper seeks tractor #1  

Honey Dealer

I am looking to purchase a tractor for my farm. I am a Beekeeper and I intend to raise a few cattle, pigs, laying hens, and broilers.
I need a tractor to lift pallets of Bee hives, 2000lbs worst case scenario. I will also lift 55 gallon drums of honey.
I will also use the tractor to run a snow blower, and maintain the lane year round.
I'd like to be able fence, landscape and service all livestock including running a small square baler.
I'd like to stay with as small a tractor as possible, without over stressing the machine.
Help steer me in the right direction. I am currently considering a John Deere, 4520. I have local John Deere, New Holland, Case IH, and Kubota dealerships. I have no brand preference. Thanks in advance.

/ Beekeeper seeks tractor #2  
Your biggest problem is going to be lifting 2,000(on to a flat bed truck?)it 's going to take a pretty big tractor and ballast.I can't find the spec's on the 400cx loader for the 4520JD.Need to ask the dealer this question.
They make small square balers with their own motors,I don't know if this is what you are thinking or a pto driven baler.If pto driven you are looking at 70hp or so.Barrels of honey should only weigh ,what 500lbs?That shouldn't be a problem.
Nice you have lots of dealers,write down your list of work and have them recommend a tractor.
Sounds like 4 wheel drive,Front end loader w/pallet forks and bucket minimum.

/ Beekeeper seeks tractor #3  
Your biggest problem is going to be lifting 2,000(on to a flat bed truck?)it 's going to take a pretty big tractor and ballast.I can't find the spec's on the 400cx loader for the 4520JD.Need to ask the dealer this question.
They make small square balers with their own motors,I don't know if this is what you are thinking or a pto driven baler.If pto driven you are looking at 70hp or so.Barrels of honey should only weigh ,what 500lbs?That shouldn't be a problem.
Nice you have lots of dealers,write down your list of work and have them recommend a tractor.
According to: 4000 Tractors Series - Product Catalog the 4520 with a 400cx can lift ~2200# @ the pins to full height.
As for baling hay, that depends on what kind of baler you have. Pick the right baler and the 60HP 4520 should do just fine. We have an older NH Hayliner that our Kubota L3830 handles (baler, kicker and wagon) without any noticeable drama.

Aaron Z

/ Beekeeper seeks tractor

I am pretty sure a 4520 sized tractor can lift what I need. I am curious as to why you think 70 pto horsepower is required to run a square baler? John Deere lists 35hp as a requirement for all their square balers.
My biggest fear is that a tractor in this size category will be stuck in between. Not small enough to be convenient and not big enough to meet all my needs.

/ Beekeeper seeks tractor #5  
ive got a MX5100 HST ROPs w/844 fel.an i use it to haul an feed 5 by 6 round bales.but to make sure you can lift the weight you might want to go to a 6040 w/1153 fel.