Help me spend my $! (Used DK35 vs new CK30)

/ Help me spend my $! (Used DK35 vs new CK30) #1  

idscarecrow

Tractor
2006 Kioti DK35
I am shopping for a small tractor for general use on my hilly, 20 acre, 1/2 wooded property. I foresee light logging, driveway maintenance, snow removal, landscaping in my future. I have never owned a small tractor, but used farm tractors growing up. I have read many, many posts on this website (thanks to all that have contributed the good advice), but I am still having trouble making up my mind.

I am not stuck on brand, but after visiting three local dealers and reading Craigslist for months, I am almost ready to pull the trigger. Based on prices and options (as everyone else around here, I have a budget), I am mostly focussed on a new Kioti CK30 from the dealer I like best locally, or a used 2006 DK35 with 250 hours off of Craigslist. (I have also looked at and considered Kubota, Mahindra, Branson, JD, NH, and TYM).

The DK seller is asking $14,900 (includes FEL and box blade); the new CK is about $2500 MORE OTD (taxes etc included) for the same set up, FEL and box blade. Both are manual transmission.

I think I could get by with the 30 hp tractor for my purposes, and the warranty would be nice for peace of mind. But everyone always seems to advocate on these forums buying bigger if possible, and a $2500 cost savings for the used DK is nothing to sneeze at.

So, advice? New with warranty, smaller and more $? Or used, no warranty, bigger and cheaper?

Thanks!