Caroni Flail Mower

/ Caroni Flail Mower #1  

loghouse511

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1552
I, am planning on buying a 73" Caroni Flail Mower, Monday, could any one

share their thoughts on this? Pros Cons The price is $1789.00 + delivery.

Any help, will be greatly appreciated.

Ray

/ Caroni Flail Mower #2  
I am looking at that same mower and will be interested to see the replies. I know there are different rotors available based on your intended usage. Also, you can do a search for flail mowers as I think there have been some lengthy discussions on these mowers.
Cheers,
Joe

/ Caroni Flail Mower #3  
There's a thread on here all about flail mowers - How much time do you have?: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/118882-lets-talk-flail-mowers.html

1,015 posts & counting :laughing:

Seriously, though, my dad has that exact same TM1900 Caroni flail mower, & I've used it extensively. It's great! I'd describe it as a hybrid bush hog / finish mower. It can cut some woody material, but not nearly the size stuff a rotary cutter (bush hog) can cut; & it cuts "like" a finish mower, but not quite as nice of a finish (close, but not quite). Excellent $1,800 implement IMO. I plan to own one as soon as my cash & the right time align. :thumbsup:

/ Caroni Flail Mower #4  
I own two flail mowers including a Caroni. I have also owned a Ford flail mower which was a power hog. In a word, buy it. They are well made and work very well. I don't even use the bush hog any more. It handles long grass, short grass, small saplings. It cuts like a lawn mower ( unless you dull the blades on a rock...). I am very satisfied with the Caroni.

Note, although there are multiple rotors available, Agri Supply no longer seems to offer the fine cut rotor - which is what I like. I do have the coarse cut rotor on my Caroni though and it works fine.

/ Caroni Flail Mower #5  
Charley, is your Caroni an A rotor ? I think that is what Agri supply has in stock. Also, have you ever sharpened the blades on your flail and if so how bad of a job is it?

/ Caroni Flail Mower
Thanks, to those of you that gave me your opinion. I really appreciate it.

Beppington, I started reading the thread on flail mowers. You, are right there are a LOT of opinions there.

Again, thanks to all, it is a pleasure to associate with such good people.

Ray