Buying Advice Ugg.. How did you owners ever come to a decision?

/ Ugg.. How did you owners ever come to a decision? #11  
Just to pile on, all of those tractors are about in the same range--with some small differences.

Find the dealer you like dealing with--maybe they will charge a few dollars more and go with him.

As for the Deere dealers, I had mixed results when looking at tracotrs. One was great, the other one kept trying to sell me way more tractor than I needed or wanted--like 50hp for 10 acres.

Good luck

/ Ugg.. How did you owners ever come to a decision? #12  
You can't go wrong with the GL3240. I've got the GL3130 which is the same tractor with a couple less HP. It has been everything I've needed and more. I had a Ford 3000 Diesel before which I think is around 45 HP. Even though this tractor is less HP it is more capable of getting the job done than the Ford.

/ Ugg.. How did you owners ever come to a decision? #13  
I was looking at Kioti, Kubota and John Deere, the 3 nearest dealers. Deere was eliminated due to cost... that green paint just cost too much. When I could get a salesman to actually help me... he acted like he was doing me a favor giving me 12% off list sale price. His 12% off price was the same price as the MSRP on the JD web site. :confused: I also have a JD Zero Turn mower, same dealership as the tractors. I love the mower but dealing with the parts dept is an exercise in frustration, some of the most unhelpful folks I have ever dealt with. Glad I didn't go JD for the tractor. Kubota ergonomics just didn't work for me at all, so that eliminated them for me, which left me with the Kioti. I have been happy with my CK30, although I am getting better at changing hydraulic piston seals than I care to admit. In the HP range you are talking, in the Kioti line I would definitely upgrade to the DK40. A lot more tractor not much more money. Once I sorted out the size machine I wanted, my choices were made in this order; ergonomics, if I am going to be spending a lot of time on this machine.. I want to be comfortable. Dealer service, before and after the sale. If I can't fix it myself, I have no trailer to move the machine and I would be dependent on dealer to come fix the machine. Price... I am willing to pay more to a dealer if I know I am going to get better support from him. The biggest turn off I have for Kioti at the moment is that Kioti is shutting down some of the dealerships that are top sellers for reasons nobody seems to understand. When I bought my Kioti, the nearest dealer was 50 miles away. Since then two dealers have been shut down by Kioti, one a top ten dealer in the country, and now the nearest dealer is over 150 miles away.

/ Ugg.. How did you owners ever come to a decision? #14  
Not sure where you are located, but I would check into the LS tractors also. I was about settled on a Kioti then I came across the LS. Just felt better and had suspension seat and dualm remotes. Lower cost for more HP kind of sealed the deal for me.

/ Ugg.. How did you owners ever come to a decision? #15  
Buy as much hp and features as you can afford to. The more you get now the less you will want to upgrade later.

When comparing the majors, the brand really doesn't matter.

With me, its when I get fed up with shopping that I'll pull the trigger.

/ Ugg.. How did you owners ever come to a decision? #16  
3540 with filled rear tires and 723 loader. The 3540 is a lot heavier tractor than a 3800. Look at the underside of them.

/ Ugg.. How did you owners ever come to a decision? #17  
The Green dealer salesman may be: cold, aloof, condescending, short, whatever adjective you want to use. But in my case, the Green dealer sales manager gave me lots of additional advice about using a CUT because he knew my experience was limited to bigger older machines. He wasn't just a salesman, he actually knew how to use a tractor on a farm. That eduction saved me from making some costly mistakes, and, most of that info came after the sale. I have also dealt with a Case IH dealer with the same result. The "salesman", the owner's son, runs cattle and knows the equipment.

/ Ugg.. How did you owners ever come to a decision? #18  
Of the Kubotas you've listed, the L3400 and L3800 are almost the same tractor, one has a few more hp and a more modern look. I have the 3400, good basic tractor with a jerky 3-point hitch. I've learned to live with it, wouldn't buy another one til they fixed the problem. The price is right though. If you're considering it, ask the dealer to put a post hole digger or rotary cutter on and cycle it up and down, move slowly up. You'll see what I mean. Same with L3800.

The 3240 is a different cat entirely. More weight (good thing), more loader capacity (very good thing), more bells and whistles (jury's out on that), and more money (bad thing).

I'd suggest the 3540 or 3940 as well, I know a few folks that aren't overly happy with the engine power of the 3240, it's hauling a lot of weight around.

Good luck!

Sean

/ Ugg.. How did you owners ever come to a decision? #19  
Another Kubota L3400 owner with a jerky 3 point hitch here. However, I haven't found it to be a problem at all for me using a mower and box blade. Mine only jerks on raising in small increments; lowering is smooth. After owning a B7510, I absolutely love my L3400, jerky hitch and all.

That said, I have to agree with Milkman. Get one a little bigger and better than you anticipate needing. As I said, I started out with a B7510 and within three years, I upgraded to the L3400 for more power and frankly, more tractor all around.

/ Ugg.. How did you owners ever come to a decision? #20  
Another Kubota L3400 owner with a jerky 3 point hitch here. However, I haven't found it to be a problem at all for me using a mower and box blade. Mine only jerks on raising in small increments; lowering is smooth. After owning a B7510, I absolutely love my L3400, jerky hitch and all.

That said, I have to agree with Milkman. Get one a little bigger and better than you anticipate needing. As I said, I started out with a B7510 and within three years, I upgraded to the L3400 for more power and frankly, more tractor all around.

Yep almost identical circumstances. Had a B7500DT Went to L3400HST, Wow what a difference in ability. Just more of everything, and love that Hydro, Wife does too. Yes the 3pt is jerky if you try to move it up in small increments. So I move it up in one large increment, and then feather down to where I want it.. Problem solved, BUT if you were using it with a boom pole to remove a motor out of a car.. Ha. now that could be a problem. Bottom line, its a good tractor, and I use the heck out of it, and really enjoy using it. The jerky hitch is the only "rough edge" I can think of.

James K0UA